Telling people you have anxiety

O

Oaakj

They say the first step to overcoming something is admitting you have it

But I haven’t told many people that I struggle and where do you even bring it up in conversation?

So many times, including this eve, I have last minute had to cancel plans because I just can’t deal with the anxiety of going out for a drink, and I feel like people might think I’m just an arsehole or it seems like I just don’t want to go out, but they don’t really know why.

Do I/how do I bring it up to people that it’s not that I don’t want to do things it that my stupid mind won’t let me!??

ALSO
My boyfriend knows I struggle with things, and I don’t expect him to also cancel plans because of me (even though selfishly I would want him to), but today isn’t the first time when I’ve been panicking and streaming tears, a complete mess but he has just said bye and gone out, I don’t know what is normal or what I’d want him to do instead of that but I feel like I’m not being taken seriously

N

nightmare57

When I first joined weight watchers I told the lady weighing me I wouldn't be able to stay for the meeting as I was anxious. I think there isn't anything to be ashamed off having anxiety. I only attend the weigh in at weight watchers and she is very accommodating towards me.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

have you or are you having counselling for this miserable condition cos indeed it is. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anxiety Forum 7
Sharad1a Anxiety Forum 13
K Anxiety Forum 1
buzzbuzz Anxiety Forum 11
Justafriend95 Anxiety Forum 9