Telling myself often-'I want to kill myself'

V

via2014

It's been 6 months post my first episode of psychosis but I find myself constantly telling that I want to kill myself - I don't know why I am telling so. I don't feel hopeless and I am having a normal routine though less productive/have decreased focus than before. Am I depressed or having some mental health problem?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I would say that you probably are depressed.
It's quite common for depression to exist alongside psychosis.
Are you still seeing a mental health professional? I would talk to them about the thoughts that you are having. If you can't identify anything that's triggered it off, it's quite concerning and so a professional will probably know what steps to take to help you.
It's really unpleasant to think about suicide so much.
For me, suicidal thoughts became almost like a compulsion or obsession. It was all I could think about, so I know how horrible it feels.

I hope things get better soon. It sounds like you're doing well so far to be keeping a steady routine going.

fructosefree

fructosefree

I would say that you probably are depressed.
It's quite common for depression to exist alongside psychosis.
Are you still seeing a mental health professional? I would talk to them about the thoughts that you are having. If you can't identify anything that's triggered it off, it's quite concerning and so a professional will probably know what steps to take to help you.
It's really unpleasant to think about suicide so much.
For me, suicidal thoughts became almost like a compulsion or obsession. It was all I could think about, so I know how horrible it feels.

I hope things get better soon. It sounds like you're doing well so far to be keeping a steady routine going.

I once had no depressing thoughts and felt suicidal. But I guess the point is, you don't need to be depressed when suicidal, and what Via is saying she just has the thoughts 'I want to kill myself' without depression.

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I once had no depressing thoughts and felt suicidal. But I guess the point is, you don't need to be depressed when suicidal, and what Via is saying she just has the thoughts 'I want to kill myself' without depression.
Ok. Well Via asked for an opinion - nobody here can diagnose.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dottyone

It's been 6 months post my first episode of psychosis but I find myself constantly telling that I want to kill myself - I don't know why I am telling so. I don't feel hopeless and I am having a normal routine though less productive/have decreased focus than before. Am I depressed or having some mental health problem?
it could be depression.

No one but a Dr can diagnose really, all anyone on a forum can do is relate their experiences and how to cope better.

Wish you well..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shana09 Psychosis Forum 10