• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Tell us about your children

M

Mastiff mom

I thought I'd start this thread because so many times my love for my kids has kept me going. As so many of you know, my dad killed himself when I was a child. Despite the deepest depressions I have gone through, so many times being a mom has helped me fight off suicidal urges. I have a son who is 22 and is a giant fellow--6.5 and 290 lbs. he is Shakesperean actor and has a beautiful voice. He plays multiple instruments, mostly the drums-- he's in a band. But the best part of him is that he is kind and has a tender heart. My daughter is a 19 year old spitfire. She's studying theatre at college but should probably be a lawyer! She can argue and never doubts her own position. She was a competitive equestrian for many years and she was fearless no matter how high the jump. Unfortunately she suffered a severe concussion compliments of her horse and had to stop riding. While her brother is an intellectual, she has street savvy. I'm very proud of both of them! Sorry to go on bragging like this but if you have kids, you sometimes want to shout from the rooftops, these are my kids!!!

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Brat, your daughter looks like an angel with much potential! I can see her running her own slaughter house or perhaps becoming a teacher. You must be very proud! You actually made me spit out my water and laugh my guts out!!!! Hugs.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Dear Brat, your daughter looks like an angel with much potential! I can see her running her own slaughter house or perhaps becoming a teacher. You must be very proud! You actually made me spit out my water and laugh my guts out!!!! Hugs.
i once had a creepy doll like that one - but got rid of it. It was too scary for me. Sorry - I guess some proper parents will turn up soon mastiff mom. :)

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Brat, she is uber creepy! Unfortunately I resemble her a bit right with my surgical eye!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Don't know where to put this. Someone tell me if this is appropriate from a consultant psychiatrist? Mental Health Experiences 8
V Can Someone tell me what kind of disease is this? Mental Health Experiences 5
T Tell me if I’m right or wrong?? Mental Health Experiences 23
D hello different from what i've been posting but can someone tell me what happen what was it? Mental Health Experiences 2
H did anyone tell their parents that they would never get married? Mental Health Experiences 1
H dont tell my friends about my problems Mental Health Experiences 4
T I'm confused, can you tell me what it is? Mental Health Experiences 4
T How to tell my parents that i probably need therapy Mental Health Experiences 3
D Things To Tell Mental Health Experiences 2
qwynie Rose Scared to tell the doctor Mental Health Experiences 8
W Do you think people can tell you have mental health issues when they meet you? Mental Health Experiences 42
Hellakat Empowerment! Let go of the labels and taking back your identity. Tell us what empowers you? Mental Health Experiences 15
P I feel like I'm crazy. Someone please tell me what's wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 3
Deadheading Don't ever tell me to look for the silver lining Mental Health Experiences 6
S Hate when people tell me I look tired Mental Health Experiences 6
B Too many problems and no one to tell them about.. Mental Health Experiences 7
P I’m being consumed by paranoia, and I can’t tell anybody why Mental Health Experiences 1
valleygirl Should I tell my instructor that I am struggling? Mental Health Experiences 6
A Tell me it's okay Mental Health Experiences 10
F Please tell me if I'm being spied on or paranoid..What is this device?? Mental Health Experiences 2
K My f****d up life - please tell me what you think i need the help Mental Health Experiences 7
R Can someone please tell me that things get better Mental Health Experiences 4
L Can anyone tell me if my brother has a mental health issue? Mental Health Experiences 5
valleygirl I wish I could tell my therapist that I love her Mental Health Experiences 5
S *Trigger warning* -- Should I tell? Mental Health Experiences 13
Starless Homicidal voices - to tell or not to tell? Mental Health Experiences 6
C I don't want tO tell my parents about what goes on in my head . Mental Health Experiences 3
T Do therapists "tell on you"? Mental Health Experiences 7
M Do I tell the truth? Mental Health Experiences 7
W Moved house, what to tell new GP? Mental Health Experiences 2
cpuusage Why Do the Stories Psychiatrists Tell Their Patients Matter? Mental Health Experiences 1
ABsea should i tell my dr? Mental Health Experiences 12
R can you tell me what this is Mental Health Experiences 2
ABsea please tell me honestly if I'm a creep? Mental Health Experiences 7
7920NewbridgeCovina Mental health and children Mental Health Experiences 7
J Worried about future children Mental Health Experiences 6
valleygirl I feel like I am abandoning a whole lot of children Mental Health Experiences 6
O my children are driving me nuts **please read entire thread before making assumptions** Mental Health Experiences 7
Kerome Turning 40 without children or a partner Mental Health Experiences 5
M Getting upset about my children getting older Mental Health Experiences 1
American Boy Women who abuse children Mental Health Experiences 25
Fluffymum Life I just don't enjoy, children I can't raise, I want to just let it all out Mental Health Experiences 4
cpuusage Big Pharma invents 'Sluggish Cognitive Tempo' disease to drug millions more children Mental Health Experiences 1
Mister.B All only children are crazy and rude. Mental Health Experiences 19
amathus The effect of parental conflict on children - did it effect you do you think? Mental Health Experiences 17