Televsion Programme, this afternoon - and to share my tips for when anxiety will suddenly and or fear take over.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I hope all are well or just about.

I just happened to have been watching together with parents a channel 4 programme, this afternoon, when via the dictionary corner at one point, the corner guest was talking about separating from fear - anxiety and danger, and how to possibly recognise the two different components and how to act upon.

Well, this homed in on me, because for years and years, just that these last few years connected with more volunteering travel, and helicopters travelling above us like mad, I needed a bit more anxiety med help, i have always always for anxiety purposes, used distraction.

Now by distraction I don't mean obvisously and certainly not, then getting into self harm nope, none of that, I might have my irritiblities, that's as far it will go, during or when I am not well physically, I am talking about distraction by way of, playing a sport, or regular working out, and also listening to music, or watching dvds, and off course, getting out to volunteer.

Now for years, I have always used self help management for doing just that for anxiety controlling, and mainly I will listen to music, and knitting combined.

I can't regularly workout temporarily due to dvd unit on the brink, I am just waiting for parents to get round to purchasing a new one, for downstairs, I also intend on getting out to zumba gold classes, come September, in my local own leisure complex site, I might go to zumba on Wednesdays, I won't to use an epression necessarily, make a meal of the Wednesday classes on a r egular basis, too far, and too early, so therefore, a 2.30 session of zumba gold, is ideal.

I have tried several medication (I'll come on to something else in a moment) and just recently have been prescribed, Pregabalin, and that is, for twice a day 50ml, a marvellous med for anxiety and not so sleepier reaction either, I also wear for anxiety controlling travel motion sickness bands, which I once discovered help for calming anxieties down.

Also though, and I'll stress, when the anxieties just become a bit too much for you and you just can't sap out, do contact either of a few of a following, GP services, cmht crisis, or samaritans, and they will try to help unless you all don't make that move, to contact the medical and support professions, for mental health assistance, you are not going to get anyhwere at all, so when I note people moaning to use a word, on here, that their anxiet ies are too much too bear, I always suggest that they call a mental health professional for extra assistance, and also one or two hobbies or interests as mentioned within this post.

Presently, I am taking 50ml once or twice a day of Pregabalin, and i also listen mainly to music and knitting combined. Musicals as well by the way.

So for me, individually, I am a picture of well being of anxiety clear mental health.

So once again, if you all do happen to find your selves into a anxiety rut, please do seek in the first instance medical for mental health help, and try to use distraction as a positive tool aid.

Having voiced/shared my opinon following on from the TV programme earlier this afternoon, I am pleasantly off, to resume my musicals and music listening and knitting by way of calming and distraction combined.

Have a good evening all, and remaining of late afternoon,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I have had some anxieties myself this afternoon, which I can't delve into for on h ere, at MHF, I had then taken my Pregabalin dose about 2pm, ish, and I have been finer and calmer since then, and we are now on 8.20pm, approximately.

Will be listening to more music, musicals and knitting.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

J

Jules5

Happiness is the by product of work- keeping busy. I am now waiting for dinner to be cooked. Not really relaxing as I have the alcohol to contend with. I am hungry which is a good sign. I do wish I could knit I can krochet. Last time I krocheted a blanket of the USA flag and failed miserablly. Due to drinking I have a problem. . If I did not drink I would eat and gain weight. I should try something different. Lots of love and hugs Jules