Teeth and bulimia

H

Hellgoodbye

I’m in my mid twenties now but when I was 12-19 I was binging and purging around 5-10 times a day..it still crosses my mind and I occasionally do purge if I eat too much.. every time I look in the mirror and see my teeth all the memories come flooding back :( I wish there was a reverse button. My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling with this devil.
Pointless rant I know.
<3

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
:welcome: to the forum
maybe there is something a dentist could do? they can do wonderful things to whiten teeth nowadays

it must be hard of having the constant reminder
you are very welcome to the forum
lots of love
Fairy Lu x

B

Bubbs

I had to have all my teeth crowned and rebuilt because of bulimia. The awful thing is.. now I still Purge because it won’t corrode teeth . I have gastritis/oesophagitis and hiatus hernia because of it too.. I keep saying I’ll stop but as soon as I eat one “ bad” thing I just think - what the heck , might as well
Pig out then purge It’s a nightmare...

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Onedayatatime73

My heart goes out to you. One of my best friends suffers with purging and she's lost four teeth as a result. I use to abuse laxatives, that was my main way of purging. Are you seeing a therapist? Or have you considered something like IOP? Intenstive out patient program? Thinking of you. Keep us updated. All my best

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Eating Disorders Forum 12
H Eating Disorders Forum 7