• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tearing Up

rubyrose

rubyrose

My eyes often well up with tears when people say nice things about/to me or do nice things for me. I can't help it. A big part of me feels like I don't deserve to be treated well and I naturally expect people not to like me and to treat me badly. I'm so used to feeling unwanted and unaccepted...arrrgh. Does anyone else experience this?

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Hi Sienna!

Yes and you have answered your own question there, not that you actually did ask a question!

You feel you don't deserve it o it moves you emotionally when other people disagree with you. Plus I agree with them too! You DO deserve it! Have a hug

:hug5:

Davey x

Mark_01

Mark_01

Yes. Constantly have been told what a failure, dumb, and unwanted person I am; so a kind word or someone doing something for me makes me very emotional. I call it the whipped dog syndrome; a beaten dog will still wag its tail when a kind word is said.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I get overwhelmed when someone is nice.

You know when it's taking every ounce of strength to put a smile on your face, then someone asks "Are you alright?" - I almost immediately burst into tears.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Right I won't be nice anymore!

Don't like making people cry :low:
Hahaha, Davey. :hug:

For the record, being tearful and crying in these situations I think are a good thing.
Something's shifting in the heart, you're feeling the love and that makes you feel all overwhelmed and lovely.
So they're not bad or sad tears... at least not for me personally. x

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Hahaha, Davey. :hug:

For the record, being tearful and crying in these situations I think are a good thing.
Something's shifting in the heart, you're feeling the love and that makes you feel all overwhelmed and lovely.
So they're not bad or sad tears... at least not for me personally. x
Phew! Thank God for that!
Davey x