• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

tearfulness

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
i hate the 'waterworks at the drop of a hat' part of my depression...

the other week i cried at DIY SOS on telly :cry:... at the weekend i cried at 'how to look good naked :eek::eek:

i often cry in sainsburys cos i can't decide what to do the kids for tea or i can't find a lettuce that isnt all limp :unsure:

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
hi sandybob

i wish i could cry - i really find it difficult to shed tears and usually when I do I am handed a hankie and I dry them up quickly. I have bottled up years worth and would like to swap with you for a wee while to shed some.

take care

Anne

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I find a good cry is a good release.
In the begining anything and everything made me cry.............. now i have to be really stressed /angry to cry.

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
hi sandybob

i wish i could cry - i really find it difficult to shed tears and usually when I do I am handed a hankie and I dry them up quickly. I have bottled up years worth and would like to swap with you for a wee while to shed some.

take care

Anne
hi anne ...

i sometimes wonder how i've got any tears left .

i think we need a bit of balance from each other .. i've got too many, you've not got enough :cry::cry:

D

Dollit

I always cry at the RSPCA advert. I cried this morning because I was talking to a friend on the phone and I'd asked to run something past him and he began to tell me that he thought the way I handled being bipolar was great and that he had confidence I would always do the right thing. You really know you're loved sometimes - and now I'm filling up again because he made me feel special. Everyone have a hug :hug:

Last edited:
daffy

daffy

Founding Member
about 5 years ago i went thru a period of about a month when i couldnt stop crying and would cry at anything from cartoons to music, but since ive been on meds with a mood stabilizer i dont seem to have cried in ages.

I do think ilike Fedup says its important to cry. As long as its not ruining your daily life:cry::grouphug:

D

Dollit

One thing will always make me cry no matter how well I am and that is the movie Carousel. I start crying when Billy Bigelow is stabbed to death and by the time they sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the end I have gone through a box of tissues and have two great wads of them stuck to my cheeks because it's easier than pulling single tissue out of the box. I've even got the singalong version. That alone is so pitiful it makes you want to cry. :(

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
I always cry at the RSPCA advert. I cried this morning because I was talking to a friend on the phone and I'd asked to run something past him and he began to tell me that he thought the way I handled being bipolar was great and that he had confidence I would always do the right thing. You really know you're loved sometimes - and now I'm filling up again because he made me feel special. Everyone have a hug :hug:

aww that made me eyes a bit leaky too :cry: