• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Teaching your voices to sing

Kerome

Kerome

One thing I wanted to pass on, has anyone tried to teach their voices to sing? I had some success with a Christmas carol called People Look East, and it seemed to have a calming effect and they participated with enthusiasm after a while.

While singing I maintained a kind of internal marching rhythm, and even got them to fill in the pauses... I would suddenly stop singing, and they would fill in the blanks.

G

gwen777

That actually sounds nice, kerome.

I thought about singing a lullabye to calm them but talked myself out of it for fear it would infantalize myself. I think my voices were concerned and offended at the idea.

Kerome

Kerome

Getting them to participate is the key I think. If you're part of a choir this is probably easier, and it has to be a certain type of song, something that's written for human voices in verses. I tried lyrics of pop songs for a while but that didn't work. It took about a week I think, of regularly singing the song's four verses and slight variations on it.

E

Eigau

Hey Kerome I just want to say awesome that you have found something to engage them with. Maybe it works because you are working as a group rather than an individual and it kind of harmonizes (sorry for the pun) the voices. I know when my voices don't feel like singing they insert their own words into the songs lol, but they sure can hold a tune! By the way are you a singer at all? Just wondering because I wonder how it goes with those who do not know how to sing.

Kerome

Kerome

Thanks. I'm not a singer by the way, until I did a little singing in a volunteer choir, so it was a pure accident. So I think it might well work for everyone.

W

wellness

Hi Kerome,
To keep posted on the progress of these "Voices" since comprehending "The Bagel" ... they are able to graps individual "Retorts" BUT unable to relate two consecutive ones ... I have been prodding them to make the relation with the hint "Coffee to Tea" ... but alas they are so messed up and paranoid perhaps not all of them ... but some rotten fruit in the basket that then goes and influences them all that the hint "Coffee to Tea" is some shit of theirs called "P'ing Fun" ...
Cheerio !!

S

Splodge

Sounds like you are having fun with them. :)

One thing I wanted to pass on, has anyone tried to teach their voices to sing? I had some success with a Christmas carol called People Look East, and it seemed to have a calming effect and they participated with enthusiasm after a while.

While singing I maintained a kind of internal marching rhythm, and even got them to fill in the pauses... I would suddenly stop singing, and they would fill in the blanks.

W

wellness

Hey Kerome I just want to say awesome that you have found something to engage them with. Maybe it works because you are working as a group rather than an individual and it kind of harmonizes (sorry for the pun) the voices. I know when my voices don't feel like singing they insert their own words into the songs lol, but they sure can hold a tune! By the way are you a singer at all? Just wondering because I wonder how it goes with those who do not know how to sing.
Hi All ... You hit the nail on the coffin with "Hey Kerome I just want to say awesome that you have found something to engage them with. " The Key here is "Engage them with" ... these "Auditory Hallucinators" that infect us ... are there sitting idle within us with Nothing to do but oggle at us all the time and stalk us and if like Kerome who came up with the activity of teaching them how to sing ... they just go about their "Terroristic" ways trying to disrupt all of our normal activities ... they just sit there stalk us and like a bunch of chronic psychopaths dart away at whatever we do always wanting to "Disrupt" and "Damage" and "Break" and "Destroy" ... for example the leader of the pack of the "Voices" that infect me -- "The Mad Joker" -- the dominant Voice around ... just blindly psychotically reacts to everything I do goning on and on and on from next event to next event to next event attempting its acts of sabotage ... has no clue that nothing works ... Hallucinating away that even my normal bodily functions like shitting I am actually specially performing for it !!
Cheerio !!

S

Splodge

Yep, they can be really uncool, bottom line is, they do not trust us, yet they have a lot of control over us. We either find a way of moving beyond that, or we stick in the same negative space. That's how I see it.

W

wellness

Yep, they can be really uncool, bottom line is, they do not trust us, yet they have a lot of control over us. We either find a way of moving beyond that, or we stick in the same negative space. That's how I see it.
Hello Splodge my Friend !!
You being tooooo Kind to these "Voices" ... Should they be entitled to trust YOU OR YOU to trust them ???
Should You be Allowing them to have control over YOU OR YOU controlling THEM ??? ...

I would recommend you have a close read of my Thread -- http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread80026.html -- of course I'm not forcing you to read it :) Just suggesting it !!

Cheerio !!

S

Splodge

Hi Wellness,

Our ability can either be a blessing or an affliction, for me it's a blessing. I do understand your point of view, it is a very challenging path. The term Voices, or Parasites underplays mine I feel, my first voices were full on demons, I'm lucky to be alive. But I always felt there was a way through, these days I'm sure of it.

Hello Splodge my Friend !!
You being tooooo Kind to these "Voices" ... Should they be entitled to trust YOU OR YOU to trust them ???
Should You be Allowing them to have control over YOU OR YOU controlling THEM ??? ...

I would recommend you have a close read of my Thread -- http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread80026.html -- of course I'm not forcing you to read it :) Just suggesting it !!

Cheerio !!