• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

TBH

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im a bit useless really ,a big fat lump with no motivation or of no help to anyone
my replies on here are so useless

i give money away to feel like im helping

i don't have as much money as i used to so that is hard
i just wish i had more words to say of comfort to those on here

to be fair im going through a crisis ,but aren't i always?
this one is genuine though as others see it as one not just me x

C

celticlass

No what you are saying is not true 💖 you bring light and love to this board, sprinkling your fairy dust as you fly across it. I hope you are getting plenty of support with the issue xxx

HLon99

HLon99

First off, I noticed that you describe yourself as 'useless' a lot, despite pretty much no one on this forum saying so. I feel like this is more of an internal judgement that you have of yourself, rather than the reality of the situation. Even if someone said that to you, would it matter? Your self esteem shouldn't be tied to the opinions of strangers, but rather something that should come from within. By having a more internal locus of control, you will be able to express a lot more agency in life and feel more self worth.

Second, if you want the stripes, work for them. Giving generously is a very noble thing, and if it gives you satisfaction then so be it, nothing wrong in that. Try to take a more active role in helping others, such as volunteering, it would make you feel better and it wouldn't be such a strain on your wallet. You already have already said a lot to comfort other people on this forum and I'm sure they appreciate it. Try to engage a bit more with people on forum to figure out what it is that's bothering them and you'll be in a better position to be of aid.

Making changes big or small is difficult, but no one said that life was supposed to be easy. Take your time, find your own pace and do what you can; as long as you keep moving forward. Look, in the end of the day its easy for me to sit here like an asshole and tell you what I think you should do, but really you ought to figure out what works for you yourself. One thing I will say is that, you seem to care a lot about the people around you and empathy comes naturally to you. That's a big strength, use that.

I wish you well and I hope that you find your path in life

HLon99

HLon99

P.S. A crisis is what you make of it. You think, therfore you are; everything else is subject to interpretation. :)

anex

anex

You’re not useless! I always feel good when I read your replies. You are kind and thoughtful. ❤❤❤ You make a difference! I promise!

W

WhySoSerious

Hey Fairy *hugs*

I am really curious as to what brings you to post things this way? What is the function of it?
It could be validation (people telling you that are aren't awful, useless etc) or something else. Ever wonder what its about?

WSS

anex

anex

I also wanted to add that even if you have nothing to say, you are still not useless:) You are worthy and good enough as you are, always.