• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tattoo inspiration

Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday

Hi guys,

I have finally plucked up the courage to get a couple of tattoos, one of which I want to be some sort of motto to represent my life over the past 3 years. I am thinkin somethin along the lines of That which does not destroy us makes us stronger? What do you all think and have you got any of your own to inspire me?

W

warriorprincess

Ha that's amazing that's the one set of words I've wanted to get inked for a couple of years now! I think (obviously) that's a great idea just make sure you get a nice script if it's writing, or really think how you wana portray it. If you're any good at sketching i recommend doing a good copy then take it to a good tattoo artist to render until you are 100% happy with it. Is this your first tattoo? I have only one which I got 8 years ago but have wanted more the second I got that done, just figured time and life would show me when the time was right for the next one, and have't been able to lately with being pregnant, breastfeeding and now pregnant all over again. so i will wait and it will be so epic when i do finally get more ink as there'll be a lot of heart and soul there.
xxx sorry i like to ramble lots. let me know how your design works out. I'm really into tattoos i have a friend who is an amazing artist been tattooing a few years now too i could even maybe hook you up and she could draw your idea.

Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday

Hi there,

Yes it will be my first. I have wanted one for years but just couldnt decide what to have and where? Am gonna get the script running straight across the bottom of my foot. Am also gonna have a cherub with both my sons' names in probably on my wrist. Am going tomorrow with my friend to a tattooist that she knows to discuss. I have seen his previous work and he is really good. Am quite nervous tho lol. I kno its gonna hurt but my way of thinkin is that I've gone through childbirth twice, I can take it lol. That particular motto pretty much sums up what I think now as oppose to what has gone on in my life over the past five years or so. Hopefully I've come out the other side a much stronger person :D

M

macca78

Would definitely recommend getting a tat. I have two; a girly (ish) Everton crest on my inner left arm, and a butterfly on the front of my right wrist. Have written a novel and writing has helped/is helping me deal with my issues and I believe if I didn't write I'd be screwed up even more lol. So...I want to get AD VIVENDUM SCRIBO written somewhere which is Latin for 'I write so that I may live'

Good luck! :)

A

Affective

Would definitely recommend getting a tat. I have two; a girly (ish) Everton crest on my inner left arm,
And you'll never walk alone! :D...Yes I'm a LFC fan :)
and a butterfly on the front of my right wrist. Have written a novel and writing has helped/is helping me deal with my issues and I believe if I didn't write I'd be screwed up even more lol. So...I want to get AD VIVENDUM SCRIBO written somewhere which is Latin for 'I write so that I may live'

Good luck! :)
Ah, that's cool.

Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday

Macca 78 my hubby and eldest son would be made up with you lol, they are both mad Evertonians, me, I'm with Affective! lol :D

S

skyblue

Am quite nervous tho lol. I kno its gonna hurt but my way of thinkin is that I've gone through childbirth twice, I can take it
Without a doubt, a tattoo is like having the softest cotton wool dabbed on you compared to child birth. Jeezz,.. the thought of going through that pain again !!

I have a tribal tattoo on my spine.:)

Last edited:
A

AussieGirl

I love that, I so want to get it done but am scared of the pain...eeeep. I think your slogan is great and a real testament to anyone going through MH issues!

PS Am also an everton girl - that's where all my family are from. Had VIP tickets the other week bought for my bf...great fun

M

macca78

PS Am also an everton girl - that's where all my family are from. Had VIP tickets the other week bought for my bf...great fun

Fab! I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years now! Ooo VIP tickets, how exciting.

I actually thought that getting the tattoos done was, er, therapeutic and a tad relaxing. I had both done whilst in Canada.

S

suki1066

hi there
i have had " And this
too
Shall pass
with the symbom OM underneath on my inner left arm near the wrist. it is quiet large and could do with some "girly bits" adding as it is a tad too big but i love it!!!
i went to Goa in march, and after going thru my dd diagnosis and such fun and games since, these words kept me going ( she i might have is having " For everything a reason" on her side.
always think about where your going to have a tat, i met a young girl at the weekend who had a lovely girly flowery thing going on down her arm and on to her hand, and she soooo regrets it, as it is too visable, she said it has stopped her getting jobs and she gets self contsious about it.
ppl do judge you by tats, it may be your cup of tea, but maybe not a future employer??? xx
also whats "trendy now" might not be when your a grown up, lol and as im 44 tomorrow, i can tell you it comes round too bloody quick!!!
i figured im old enough and stable enough in my job to do what i wanted, plus if need be i could wear a long sleeved blouse for buisness meetings.
so look at it from all angles and choose something and a place which is special for you xxx

D

Deremna

I think that is a lovely phrase to have a tattoo of if it means a lot to you.. That's basically how I feel about all tattoos; they're awesome so long as they mean something to you.

I personally have a 6 inch green scorpion I drew down the back of my neck (easily covered by the long wig I have to cover my obnoxiously taffy colored mohawk at work), I have the Super Mario Bros. power up mushroom on my left wrist, the 1-up mushroom on my right wrist, the power star on the top of my right foot, and I'm planning on getting the fire flower on my left foot. Also, my best friend and I will be getting wands tattooed along our right index fingers sometime very soon: she will be getting Lucius Malfoy's and I will be getting Severus Snape's. My tattoos are all very dorky and probably will always be.. :D

Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday

Doh!!! I can't have that saying on my foot cos its too long :( but I dont really want it anywhere else so its back to the drawing board. I really, really want somethin on my foot. I was thinkin of "from chaos comes clarity" very apt for my state of mind at present lol. I would ask him to do some very girly, feminin designs around it, although I don't want butterflies or stars. Hmm decisions decisions....:unsure: