• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Taste of blood

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I have noticed the last few days when I wake up in the morning I have a faint taste of blood. A bit of research this morning suggests that this could be a side effect of antidepressants. Anybody else have this?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Yes, I get this every day and its worse if I take sleepers. Sometimes it lasts the whole day and makes everything I eat or drink taste yucky but its worth it to me if I get a few hours sleep!!

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

We appear to go through a lot of the same shit don't we unlucky!

It was something else for me to worry about but looks like it is quite innocent - thankfully.

Off to CBT again in a while - that week flew by.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Oooh good luck!! I'm so glad I've not got it for a while!! i'm stressed out enough at the moment with the wicked witch of the west being on my back!!

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

It went well again apart from the fact I feel a bit withdrawn after. She is going to speak to the psychiatrist to make sure that any letters now stress how much impact my working conditions had on my illness. Feeling positive. :)

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Thats great, as I've said before it works for some but not for others but as with everything else I'll persevere!! I'm just superstressed about having to make a super Xmas for my daughter when I could just sleep till January!! Glad you're feeling more positive.:hug:

iffybob

iffybob

Just check

Next time you are at the dentist it would be a good idea to mention it, just incase it is not a side affect..... unless you can see your gums bleeding ot blood on your tootbrush I would not worry about.

MH people can end up with bad teeth so easly.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wollie Depression Forum 4