taste(gustatory), tactile and smell(olfactory?) hallucinations, anyone?

O

optimism

taste(gustatory), tactile and smell(olfactory?) hallucinations, anyone?

i had taste hallucinations....my mouth would taste like shit for no reason. i don't need to taste shit to know how it feels like....
tactile ones as well, where i feel ants are crawling on my skin....or insects underneath my skin....
and smell hallucinations-perfume in lift....when nobody's there...

Mark_01

Mark_01

I've had the crawling skin, would just sit there and stare and the skin of my bare arm, it looked and felt like millions of bugs were under my skin moving in waves. Never had the taste and smell hallucinations to the best of my knowledge.

Forgot to mention the voices, they existed, too.

zoomz

zoomz

I have voices and this is also what the shrinks tell me.

The smells, I am always unsure if it is an hallucination or if it's real, I can't say one or the other. it's is the smell of smoke.

The touch sensation is of being prodded and punched by a gang of youths. which I have also seen.

I cant be bothered going into detail but I see people peeking at me from behind doorways so when I look at them they quickly dart out of sight. Also black shadows and spiders. I can spend an whole day wondering if what I've seen/heard is real or not.

Gajolene

Gajolene

JS was positive there were bugs under his skin for a long time before he was stabilized, he though ants had burrowed under his skin as he had hallucinated it, we had to run a series of hospital tests in psych to prove to him there were no bugs there. He kept tying long shoe laces tightly across his fingers and wrists to keep them out. Was a difficult time for him, that was for several months about two years ago now, He says he doesn't get smells or taste hallucinations, not sure about JD he is so disorganized this week he can't communicate a conversation so don't dare ask him. Might well trigger him. Had many friends (hallucinatory)in his room with him last night and partied all by himself most of the night. :dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
BillFish

BillFish

i had taste hallucinations....my mouth would taste like shit for no reason. i don't need to taste shit to know how it feels like....
tactile ones as well, where i feel ants are crawling on my skin....or insects underneath my skin....
and smell hallucinations-perfume in lift....when nobody's there...
No I don't thankfully, sounds awful.Don't drug users also get the sensation of bugs crawling on their skin etc?

Mark_01

Mark_01

No I don't thankfully, sounds awful.Don't drug users also get the sensation of bugs crawling on their skin etc?
"Meth users also have sores, known as “crank bugs” or “meth mites”, all over their body. Due to the chemical imbalance created in the brain from meth use, users think bugs are crawling on their skin. So they pick and scratch, consciously and subconsciously, leaving open sores."

O

optimism

oh....i see....
yea, its frightening.....
omg, drug users...and open sores...omg><