• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tapering, GAD, CPTSD, Mod. Dep., Things that help me

T

trailwalker29

I am brand new to this site. I am hopeful that I can get some help here and be among people who know what it's like to have a mental issue. I am currently tapering off of Lexapro and I'm happy that I am able to feel again. I am extremely sensitive to medications and don't do drugs of any kind.

I suffered from CPTSD via bullying and multiple losses (breakups and deaths) from a young age. I have moderate depression that blunts my emotions and GAD which is a combination of worry, regret, and fear.

The things that have helped me most so far are talk therapy, herbal tea, exercise, diet, Classical music and breathing exercises. I'm hoping I can get some support here and share what I have learned to others.

Thank you for accepting me to your site.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:
Is it good to feel again? I hope you have discussed tapering with your doctor. I always find it very difficult to reduce medication.

You have lots of coping strategies and that is a great thing.

T

trailwalker29

:welcome:
Is it good to feel again? I hope you have discussed tapering with your doctor. I always find it very difficult to reduce medication.

You have lots of coping strategies and that is a great thing.
Hi Tawny,

Yes. Thankfully my GP is involved and supports me, with additional help from my Psychologist. I'm lucky because I wasn't always in this situation, and it was very hard before I had a good team, that knew how to treat me.

It's good to feel even the negative emotions. I've been starting to feel like my heart is on the mend.

Lexapro is a very powerful medication so the tablets are really really small! I need to cut them in quarters trying to be as accurate as I can.

Everyday is a struggle, but I think some additional support and helping others on a forum is something I am missing right now.