• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Talking to yourself

EdEd

EdEd

Why did you tell a secret to this person.. was it in person? Like face to face?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Why did you tell a secret to this person.. was it in person? Like face to face?
Yes by mistake. A medical prescription secret. He blabbed first. We both went to far. It's not a bad one just kind of personal. I used to have this problem before I matured, like early high school years. But I wised up. I now think before I speak. I think it was all the stress I've been under. Following me around and stuff. I'm paranoid now. But I'm hoping it will pass.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

I too think it’s a loneliness thing , it’s fine to talk to an animal though whatever anyone thinks about it .

EdEd

EdEd

Just got done talking to my dog.. so its perfectly fine to talk to animals. I agree.

jajingna

jajingna

Some have said it's even good to talk to plants. Maybe those who talk to plants and animals are nicer to them. Who doesn't talk their pets at least?

EdEd

EdEd

Some have said it's even good to talk to plants. Maybe those who talk to plants and animals are nicer to them. Who doesn't talk their pets at least?
I do agree.

N

natalie

I don't talk to myself as a rule. And with my speech, I would have self non understandable problems. However, in my sleep, last week, now I neve rknow what happens when I am sleeping, I called apparently out my pending partner's name!! I was very embarrassed, about that!

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Yea , I move my mouth with no words coming out... I dont really care what most people think of it.. it's just normal for me nowadays. I usually do it in the car or in my bedroom..
I live alone. I talk loud to myself. I do need to stop. I can't think back to a time I felt like I was talking normally.

EdEd

EdEd

What ever helps the person mentally is usually the best policy.. I noticed moving my mouth helps out tremendously with cognitive things , speaking and the words just feel like its smoother... everything flows nicely for me this way generally.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

What ever helps the person mentally is usually the best policy.. I noticed moving my mouth helps out tremendously with cognitive things , speaking and the words just feel like its smoother... everything flows nicely for me this way generally.
I do understand this. Go with the flow. :whistle:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I don't talk to myself as a rule. And with my speech, I would have self non understandable problems. However, in my sleep, last week, now I neve rknow what happens when I am sleeping, I called apparently out my pending partner's name!! I was very embarrassed, about that!
I normally don't tell in my sleep. But when a button on my phone broke I had a dream and woke up grabbing my phone it scared me. Idk weird right

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I have many plants in my indoor garden. I talk to them...

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I'm starting to talk to people who aren't here. Even weirder I can see them. I took double my medication.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

I found myself recently doing it at times , to block out the voice completing my chain of thoughts for me .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Hearing Voices Forum 1