• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Talking to yourself

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Sometimes I feel like I do it just to hear myself think. But I know it's wrong. How do I stop. I tell myself it's not normal but doesnt seem to help.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I do it as well. Usually just short phrases. Tennis players do it.

jajingna

jajingna

What's wrong about talking to yourself? I think most people do this. I find it's only embarrassing sometimes when I realize someone heard me and I'm not sure what I was saying, or else I was aware that I said something that I didn't want that person (or anybody) to hear...

N

Notalwaysever

I do it all the time, and I have no intention of stopping. Sometime people get annoyed because I am disturbing them but it helps me focus. Never thought of it as part of a mental illness, just a habit I have.

AnnN

AnnN

And I do it all the time. For example this night I can't fall asleep. And I was talking to myself in silence.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I sometimes have anger outputs and outbursts, this is what concerns me. I also reenact conversations outloud. Not to weird I guess.

T

Taffy

I do it guess it's a habit, no one else here to talk to me.😋

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Like it being embarassing. Cause I think it's not normal and kind of part of my mental illness.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

What's wrong about talking to yourself? I think most people do this. I find it's only embarrassing sometimes when I realize someone heard me and I'm not sure what I was saying, or else I was aware that I said something that I didn't want that person (or anybody) to hear...
I get this. I do say things that I dont want others hearing.

jajingna

jajingna

I don't do a lot of it, or maybe I do more of it than I'm aware of, but it is not much of a problem in any case. I've heard family do it as well, and say some pretty weird things. My brother does it more than me, probably. And it's usually just nonsense like repeating something from The Simpsons or a song.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I don't do a lot of it, or maybe I do more of it than I'm aware of, but it is not much of a problem in any case. I've heard family do it as well, and say some pretty weird things. My brother does it more than me, probably. And it's usually just nonsense like repeating something from The Simpsons or a song.
I yell at stuff and then start throwing things around my place and room. I've learned to quiet down some but feel isolated afterwards. Do you ever do it cause you feel alone?

jajingna

jajingna

Sure, it's a lonely thing to do. Sometimes I talk to the cat, as people do. Sometimes I'm just walking around town, mumbling stuff. Just a habit I guess.

EdEd

EdEd

Yea , I move my mouth with no words coming out... I dont really care what most people think of it.. it's just normal for me nowadays. I usually do it in the car or in my bedroom..

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I talked out loud today to someone and told a secret I didnt want to tell. I embellished too. Maybe they'll forget it. I feel used.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Hearing Voices Forum 1