• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Talking in My sleep

M

Mastiff mom

I wonder how common this is. I apparently talk a lot and my husband wakes me up . But I was alone last night and woke myself up chattering away. Anyone else do this?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I talk in my sleep. If I'm staying round someones house I have been known to have conversations with people while sleeping.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yep, I do that too apparently. :)
I wonder, if both partners talk in their sleep, do they have entire conversations together which they can remember anything about? lol :D

Kerome

Kerome

Just to provide a dissenting voice, I dont, although apparently I do snore a bit. :)

M

Mastiff mom

I will have conversations with my husband, too. He finds it very amusing!

Gajolene

Gajolene

I do have conversations while sleeping too, has been used to finagle permissions from me which I wouldn't give if awake, and also supposedly I'm brutally honest if asked for opinions. Never remember any of it waking up. I also dream in colour which they say isn't possible.

Darkred

Darkred

I got told I swear a lot in my sleep which wouldn't surprise me.

M

Mastiff mom

Gajolene I dream in color, too. I've never heard this is impossible!

NervyTwo

NervyTwo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't think I talk in my sleep, but there's been occasions when I've woken up laughing.

Some of the funniest moments in my life I've had while asleep... ;)

Gajolene

Gajolene

I heard that years ago but I don't think it's true, my sister wanted to enter a dream study because she had extrordinary control over her dreams and could actually decide what to dream before she fell asleep.
I defintely have very vivid colours in my dreams, great for the good dreams, not so great with night terrors.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I've often wake myself up from talking in my sleep when in an unfamiliar surrounding like a hotel, hospital or someone else's house.
It's definitely not a regular thing, though I have occasionally had nightmares (trauma related) and woke myself up shouting or swearing.

I also dream in colour all the time. I can only remember 2 dreams i've had in black and white, and I know this might be a bit "out there" for some, but i'm convinced the black and white dreams were past life memories.