• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Talk about stigmatising

F

firemonkee57

At the end of the article - What is personality disorder?

When people have distorted thoughts, feelings and behaviour.

They feel emotionally disconnected, so can easily maltreat others and be violent although this is rare.

It is not easy to pick up on and is very difficult to treat.

A genetic component has not yet been found so it cannot be treated with drugs like mental illnesses can.

Those who have it can be very manipulative and dangerous and they are more likely to get into trouble with the law, but not likely to get in trouble all the time.

They have a difficulty in maintaining stable relationships and can often lose contact with reality.

BBC News - Ayesha Ali death: Bizarre relationship led to killing

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

The media will pick up on and use and sensationalise the most bizarre and unusual of incidents because that is what people need to lift them out of their mundane, boring lives because it gives them a quick thrill without the guilt of any responsibility.

S

SandalwoodSummer

I don't know why they pidgeon hole everyone. We are individuals. Apparently I'm probably on illicit drugs and a chain smoking alcoholic with anger problems.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
how many psychiatrists have given you that label firemonkey one psychiatrist gave me it "personality disorder can be an illness but in your case it's not an illness" just thought the new broom and his diagnosis will be gone in 6 months, now back to the old schitzo if i regard that as a comfort

S

SandalwoodSummer

All of your previous diagnoses are on your care summary record. I've seen mine. It just shows nobody really knows what diagnosis you have for many of us.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
All of your previous diagnoses are on your care summary record. I've seen mine. It just shows nobody really knows what diagnosis you have for many of us.
does it really matter what the diagnosis is and whether we are or were sick, after all these years on benefits we've got certain issues, including the one that a modern dwp dr may suddenly declare us fit for work due to us not fitting they're tick box list

F

firemonkee57

The BBC have now changed the end of the article to give info instead from Mind on narcissistic personality disorder. No doubt they had had quite a few complaints.

Kerome

Kerome

Sad story, but what a thing! I honestly am surprised that even a narcissist would go to such lengths.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
why wasn't the child taken into care could it be social workers felt doing so to 2 women in a relationship wouldn't be pc, me not beeen pc

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

A genetic component has not yet been found so it cannot be treated with drugs like mental illnesses can.
Uh, I didn't realise that there was a depression/bi-polar/schizophrenic/etc. gene that legitimised mental illnesses?
What a stigmatising load of shit that all is.

I see you've said they've since changed the article, but who the hell thought it was acceptable to say these things in the first place?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
on the one hand they claim to be tackleing stigma in mental illness, in the next breath they talk about stigmatising those on benefits particularly those with invisible illnesses that are beeen called scroungers, i see more chance of me beenn rediagnosed as not mentally ill than i see myself coming off benefits

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i feel it's stigmatising when some of the people in these offices make comments about me not having attacked them, they may think they're been all pc, i'll definately not be pc if i say more