• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Talk about my experience

S

Splashu

Hi,

I want to talk about a story that recently has happened to me.

I was kept in a psychiatric ward for almost 3 months, you probably want to know how I got there, well I will tell you how everything started. I was smoking a lot of pot at the time (not always good quality) and when I was going out with friends I felt and thought that people are talking about me and conspiring against me it was making me really anxious.

When things got worse I saw a bug or something on the floor, wasn't sure what it was so I touched it and felt it but I now know it wasn't real. Later I have went through a weird experience in my bed, a was looking at my ex pics and started to think about her and suddenly cried and got this feeling like my body got numb, like I suffered and enjoyed it at the same time. Didn't know how to interpret it.
When I was on the edge I was really depressed and paranoid. I stayed with at the time my brother, I was upset and felt lonely as I thought every one had turned their backs on me, so I left the flat to let these negative feelings out. I though the environment was showing me sings and directions that I tried to use and interpret in a correct way, so I followed them like I was looking for something but didn't know what it was.

About 4 in the morning I was knocking on random peoples doors asking them to show me the way and I got to this door. I like black women ( best if shed smoke too ). This black woman opened the door for me and I was stunned, I saw a woman of my life. I froze and was awed then I said "Its you, I was looking for you" I wasn't completely sure if I was doing the right thing but I had to try. I asked her if we could have something to drink so we did and after that she rolled a joint and I was in heaven. We talked and I got hypnotised by her grace and beauty then I saw something even more beautiful, I saw colours flying in her, I thought I saw her soul. From that time I kept coming back to speak to her. Once when I went there I hesitated to knock on the door so I sat down on a bench and thought how amazing she is, then I got this pleasant warm feeling in my heart and genitals, I thought that was my answer that she is the one so I knocked on the door and her boyfriend opened the door and called the cops on me.

When I was kept in the ward i had an near death experience at least it felt like it, it lasted about 5 seconds but was scary, I was loosing control over my body and my eyes closed, it was getting darker and darker I was trying to move but with little effect. Occasionally I could taste pot and smell it also get dry mouth without smoking it. I thought people could ready my mind and some people had super powers like xmen. I still see floaters that I thought they guide me. Also when I listened to music I got really high like I I was charging my body with music.

warm feeling in genitals and heart
colours in a person
what is this?

Last edited:
SarahD

SarahD

Hi Splashu

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I read your story. It sounds like drug induced psychosis. Smoking pot can cause psychosis, I expect they told you that at the hospital. Are you better after treatment?

I hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful.

Best wishes, Sarah