• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Taking steps to resolve this...

L

livefree1

Hey all....
This is my first time on a forum like this and have just received so much comfort knowing that im not alone with my anxieties!

My troubles first started when i was 15, blushing and not being able to look at others when i talked to them, think it stemmed from really low self esteem and bullying.

Anyway, over the years, i managed to kinda cure myself, i completely forgot about the eye contact thing and still blushed but only in certain situations and i just tried to ignore it like it wasnt there. I was really fine and happy.

However, last year i went through a lot of emotional upheaval in my personal life, suddenly these anxities returned and i have been battling with them again since! I feel like im 15 all over again! (im in my mid twenties now!)

Today I made a doctors appointment to ask for help, which i didnt wanna do cos its admitting that i have a problem, i dont know what else to do though as this is ruining my life!

I keep hoping it will just go away again.

Am i doing the right thing in going to the doctor? I just dont wanna get worse.
x

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: to the forum and I hope you find it useful here. Personally I think you are doing the right thing by going to see your doctor. Sometimes these things can be handled alone but if you have made that appointment already and are joining this forum it suggests to me that you are looking for help.

I hope that the appointment goes o.k - one tip is to write down what you want to tell the doctor then it is easier for you to get it out and just hand it to them, stops you forgetting things too - thats what I did anyway.

KS

L

livefree1

Thanks so much, thats a good idea.

Im really scared about going incase my doctor cant help!

Trying to stay positive though :)

x

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hi again,

I am sure the doctor will be able to help - it is only natural to be scared, when is your appointment? Try not to dwell on it write down what you need to say and then put it away and think well that is sorted now.

KS
:hug:

L

livefree1

Its this week. Thanku i will do that.
I just hope that through either medication or cbt i can be helped and able to live my life properly!
Please please please!
:)
x

keepsafe

keepsafe

I hope so for you too - be prepared to wait for c.b.t though there are long waiting lists everywhere I think

Good luck

KS