• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Taking on the black dog, getting bitten

C

Colinjg

First posting here, used to post on netdoctor but stopped and lost my account.

Been feeling pretty shit about me, my life and the world for as long as I can remember. It effects work, sleep, relationships, ambition, hope and the very meaning found in living.

Feel sad, anxious, alone and meaningless. Struggle to form relationships.

Began seeing a psychologist to try to unpick the knot. This opening me up, all the wounds now bleed, this flowing blood tracing a path back to origins.

Pay for the therapy myself, selling things I own to pay for it.

Searching for myself and the life not yet lived

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey there colinjg! Welcome to the forum. Great insight you have. I hope you get connected :)

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Colinjg and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your struggles. A lot of therapy opens old wounds but I think you have to deal with your issues properly before you can begin the healing process. It's not easy.

It's awful to hear that you are having to sell your belongings to pay for your therapy. Have you spoken to your doctor about your problems? If you're in the UK you might be entitled to free counselling.

Parissa

Parissa

:hug1:

Talking therapy is worth it. Spending money on yourself to help you live a happier life in the long run. It can be painful talking over distressing issues though. It has helped no end. I'm still in counselling but focusing more on the positive and the future than the negative and the past. You have to go through the hard bit first though. It works though. Talking works. Keep it up and look forward to a more peaceful future.

Love Parissa

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
You're right, the process of getting to the root of depression and anxiety can be a very hard and painful process.
But as others have said, in the long term it can make a big difference.
Try to take good care of yourself, and do something nurturing after each session. Even if it's just a long hot bath to unwind and release some tension.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I agree. Therapy is really hard emotionally but if you stick at it in the long term it can help. Is awful you are having to sell stuff to help pay for it though.

Depression is a horrible illness i know