• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Taking care of me!

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi all,
Well as the title suggests, i've decided that I need to do something to help myself. I've been bullimic for over 10 years now, although started recovery last August and have been a whole year binge and purge free! So i've started to look after my health in that way. BUT i've been putting on weight, which has led to me feeling more and more depressed (amongst other things) and I also noticed that i've stopped looking after myself. I've stopped moisturising, i'm eating unhealthily, I don't exericise as much as I should, and just little things like not shaving my legs, or having my eyebrows waxed.

I think that because i'm un happy with the way that I look at the moment, i've just let myself go!

So, I have started a new healthy eating plan, a new self grooming regime and am doing the wii at least 2 times a week.

It's really helped with my mood. I've started to feel more social again, have the energy to go out, stay up a bit later, rather than just wanting to go to bed as soon as i've had dinner - and generally enjoying life more!

So, who wants to join the 'Taking care of me' bandwagon???

Lxxx

A

Ainsworth

So, who wants to join the 'Taking care of me' bandwagon???
yeah i'l join, how would you like me to take care of you? :p

i need to do some exercise, i have a wii fit also, im quite good at the ski jump :cool: but CBA with the other stuff lol

wouldnt mind going back to practice and the gym but have the slight problem of not wanting to leave my house atm

oh well one step at a time, see if i can beat my record on the wii :D

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

You should definately get on the wii fit - I love the ski jumping one. Think my record is about 348!
The boxing is really good too - and you feel great after that!
The balance one where you stand on the board and have to the balls into the holes is great. Completed that the other day!

Right, so as long as you're on the wii, you're moving in the right direction. Next step - taking a walk around the block - or making it to the gym. But do it in your own time.

I'm feeling really upbeat today, so want to spread some positivity around the board!

Lxxx:D

A

Ainsworth

L, i havent got on the wii yet or made it outside the house :unsure:

but have swapped drink for water, thought that was going to be hard but this is day 2 and only had afew moments where i had a craving for it but didnt touch it. my plan is to get to friday without having one. if i tell my brain 'none ever' it spins me into doing the bad stuff, so have to confuse it abit, stupid eh :LOL:

i had breakfast today that was a proper meal (weetabix) for the first time in months.

i hope this thread continues as i think it will help me alot, thanks for starting it :clap:

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hey there,
Well done on the 2 days without a drink! That's super.
I think with recovery (of any type) you need to take very small steps - not gigantic ones. So, aiming to get to the end of the day without having a drink is much better than telling your brain that you're not going to drink ever again! If you go for a few days, then maybe treat yourself on your Friday to a few - it'll keep you going.

Cool, you had breakfast. Are you going to plan lunch?
I've had a yogurt and 2 bits of toast for my breakast, and working my way through an enourmous cup of coffee!

Just a silly thing, but I waxed my eyebrows yesterday and even though we just had a day in doors in our tracksuits, just watching films etc, I still put a bit of make up on. It made me feel better about myself.

Keep going unremarkable - you'll be living the dream in no time!

Small steps.
Lxxx:clap: