Taking a Mental Health day

H

HollyR

Hi,

I was meant to go to work today but I woke up feeling so down I just couldn't get myself to get up. I called in sick and have been eating healthy today and just cleaning my flat up.

I hate when I have days like this, I feel like I've failed for the day, all the things I'd be doing at work, I love my job, but today just wasn't my day. Needed to take a day to myself, I might be going to the gym later, and if not I'll do a home work out to make up for it as I'm exercising every day but Sundays now.

Healthy lunch will be cooked soon, just feel like a failure tbh.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hey Holly gee it sucks it really does that you feel like this. society makes robots out of us we are all supposed to be fine and get on.

statistically that aint even realistic! so why does the employement market think otherwise! i do hope that you will feel 'better' tomorrow. self care is the responsible thing. you sound like you are doing all the right things in the self care department.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Sometimes I think we all need to take a mental health day just to keep ourselves functioning properly. I've been considering booking off a week of work at some point in the upcoming months, just not sure when. The important thing is to not get into the habit of it as I often find that the longer I stay away from something, the harder it is to come back. Self care is definitely something we should all take into account and is extremely beneficial for so many reasons. I hope this helps you feel better xx

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It’s good that your in a job that you enjoy but if you need to take a break there is no harm in that. Better than letting things get on top of you then you needing a longer time off.
Hope your soon up to returning :hug:

H

HollyR

Thank you for your replies everyone, I felt a little better today, just taking every moment as it comes, may be getting a medication increase as the dose I'm on isn't really doing much for me anymore. Thank you guys x