• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

taken advantage of?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

so a neighbour came to the door friday night to ask for £10 to put on the electric
he said she would give it back saturday and never did it is now sunday

this is just one in a dozen times i have been taken advantage of financially but it is mainly online
i need to learn to say no x

M

MouthyOne

People can be so unreliable.

I am a sucker for a sob story and give too much to people when I have the money. It's only money as they say. If they don't offer the money back then it's a one time thing not to be repeated.

T

treasurebox

Know that what has been taken from you will be given back to you in some others ways like other things that you like to have, better health and better finances. There will be better days.

Taffy

Taffy

so a neighbour came to the door friday night to ask for £10 to put on the electric
he said she would give it back saturday and never did it is now sunday

this is just one in a dozen times i have been taken advantage of financially but it is mainly online
i need to learn to say no x
That's terrible I hope you get it back.🌈

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

yes i fallen for the - i have no money line,
and found out the hard way.

im sorry this has happened to you fairy, 'my brother did this,
he doesnt now though.

S

Stuboy79

Sorry to hear this Fairy Lucretia , you sound like a naturally caring and kind person , to which i like to think i am also , sadly there are people in the world that do take advantage (Not to say she did) but i have had it happen to me also , I find it very hard suffering from mental illness to say NO every bone in my body wants to say NO but i still say YES.. why????! , but i do tend to not suffer fools gladly , i don't give second chances anymore - took a few councellors to get me to that point!. I sincerely hope you get your money back.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

I learned a long time ago to never give money expecting to get it back. Dont think of it as loan but being charitable. Then you wont be let down and if you do get it back its a pleasant surprise. Never give away money you cant afford to.

I

Ian Haines

I think I'm lucky in this one, really. If they ask and I don't want to give it to them, I just tell them that I've no intention of becoming a lender, because I was let down too many times, many years ago. If they bleat about how they'll "definitely pay" me back, I ask them if they have lungs and a heartbeat. They frown and say that they have and I say, "Then, I've no intention of becoming a lender! I never do!"

Z

Zoe1

I know what you mean
then its like ' you'll get your money back
if you stop pressuring me ' kind of thing !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
elliepaige20 Depression Forum 8
T Depression Forum 9