• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tactile voices??

mandy125

mandy125

So I've never suffered with my voices touching me.. it's really annoying too like a tickle burst over my hair or my leg.
I'm not well trained at getting rid of them I know how to make an auditory hallucination go away but I'm not sure if it s something similar with tactile sensation as it's really vile.
I'm going to look it up idk x

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I've had trouble in the past with my voice creating tactile sensations, from skin crawling, pins and needles, a feeling of being touched and outright pain throughout my entire body.

I used medication to help deal with my voice, the meds decreased the auditory volume of my voice but also reduced the tactile sensations, the higher my dosage the lesser the sensations became, now the pain is lower than 5% of what it used to be and far more infrequent. It's just enough to remind me my voice is still a psychopath but not enough to disrupt me in any way.

mandy125

mandy125

You've had pain? I don't think mines got that bad.
Mine is like bursts of it havnt had a chance to talk to NHS or anyone else about it yet. I'm on 1000mg of sulpheride and just started with 25mg of ariprizole I'm giving up alot of what I would call bad habits that work against the medication
I.e I gave up smoking this morning and I'm trying to cut down on coffee. But I don't know how long it will benefit to make from the changes thanks for talking to me x

EdEd

EdEd

You've had pain? I don't think mines got that bad.
Mine is like bursts of it havnt had a chance to talk to NHS or anyone else about it yet. I'm on 1000mg of sulpheride and just started with 25mg of ariprizole I'm giving up alot of what I would call bad habits that work against the medication
I.e I gave up smoking this morning and I'm trying to cut down on coffee. But I don't know how long it will benefit to make from the changes thanks for talking to me x
Sounds like you're on the right path. You're improving you're overall health so its win /win for you.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm on 1000mg of sulpheride and just started with 25mg of ariprizole
I'm on 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone and that eliminates most of the tactile sensations although earlier he was making my skin crawl again, my voice found a small spot on my leg where he could still create the sensation, he was doing it every second or two for at least an hour, so very annoying.

Talking is one thing but when they mess with the body it's a whole other kettle of fish.

Because of all this I haven't said a word to my voice for just over fours years, it's an ongoing punishment.

mandy125

mandy125

@NWiddi I think that's sort of how I feel about my voices like there trying to punish me or something like that
And thanks @EdEd I don't know if I'm trying to give up too much at once though; like when I first got I ll I was into lots of horrors and stuff like that now, it has to be where I'm learning or something funny or the voices basically feed of it - the negative energy I'm creating or whatever idk x