• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Synchronicity As a Mirror of Our Thoughts, Emotions, and Beliefs

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Synchronicity As a Mirror of Our Thoughts, Emotions, and Beliefs | SuperConsciousness Magazine

Interview with Dr Kirby Surprise, author of Synchronicity
Author: Jaime Leal Anaya

The heralds and defenders of our innate and extraordinary human potential, the creative divine-like qualities we possess as consciously aware beings with the power of thought and choice, come from an unexpected and surprising place in our modern era. They do not belong to a monastery or mystical tradition that requires our blind faith in them and their message but rather walk the corridors of universities around the world and work directly in the field, in hot pursuit of science and understanding the mysteries of the human.

Modern discoveries in neuroscience and understanding the human brain as a supercomputer with vast potential has helped demystify much of the old gaps in knowledge and religious superstition. The magical and apparently unexplained world of synchronicities, meaningful coincidences, and déjà vu are not spared from the sharp and truly open minded scrutiny of scientific exploration and discovery. Such is the work, not surprisingly, of Dr Kirby Surprise, a hands-on clinical psychologist, who works in an advanced outpatient program for the State of California, and the author of the recent book, Synchronicity, the Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind. SuperConsciousness had the opportunity to interview Dr Surprise about his work and research on Synchronicity and the discovery that Synchronicity Events are not the action of external forces or deities but a mirror of our own thoughts, feelings, emotions and beliefs we create and manifest in our environment. This is the kind of scientific research that removes the power we have given to other people, amulets or beliefs, and places it squarely back on our shoulders as the authors and designers of our own life and destiny.

- See more at: Synchronicity As a Mirror of Our Thoughts, Emotions, and Beliefs | SuperConsciousness Magazine

trinny

trinny

wow il look into this more. watched a science thing that covered some of this syncronicity. focused more around the higgs particle or god gene theres so much more to evolve thanks for shareing this how weird huh!

The Dragon Lady

The Dragon Lady

While I was going through my psych experiences, specifically the periods that I refer to as 'peaks', I was going on endlessly about synchronicity and the interconnectivity of everything. Synchronicity is the word I used for the interesting 'coincidences' that kept happening, daily...all day. I mentioned many times in my writing how I no longer believed in mere coincidence. Going into the experiences that I had I gained a compulsion to write and one of the main themes had to do with this topic, as well as a few other descriptive ways of 'telling my story'. The definition of synchronicity was written several times, as was the definition for 'General Semantics' and 'semantics' which I came upon during the same period of time. Maybe I will write them in here at some point.

I am only just now gaining the courage to post here. I believe that there is so much more to our experiences than them being simply part and parcel to a mental illness. I wrote a lot about what it is to be human and what makes up 'the human experience'. Of course, I ended up with 1,000+ pages of writing, so I really wouldn't be able to describe it with a few words. Funny...I wasn't a writer prior to the beginning of my experiences, but once it began, I couldn't stop.

Thanks for the link! I plan on reading through the research and conversations. This is really something I find to be particularly important in the larger scheme of things.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I believe that there is so much more to our experiences than them being simply part and parcel to a mental illness.
Very much so. i do feel that things are very individual & unique as well. We each have our own inner lives & individual circumstances. There are similarities, & there are differences.

i think a lot is missing from more mainstream paradigms/understandings & knowledge - especially within areas of mental health & everything that goes into. The current level of things is i think very crude.

i do think a new paradigm is forming, but it's in it's early stages. i've very much explored & looked into the alternatives within these areas, & have found that helpful to do in ways.

Welcome to the forum.