• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Symtom of BPD?

A

annabel_lee

I was officially 'diagnosed' with BPD about 10 months ago. I was put on Sertraline (is that the right medication to have been prescribed?) and have been to and fro with the doctor ever since.

The thing is lately, I have been really irritable and very very nasty towards my family and friends. And I don't mean to be at all. It's like I'm possessed! (think Linda Blair in The Exorcist). Even I'm surprised by my own nastiness.

I was wondering, could this be a symptom of BPD?

Lara

Lara

I know its probably not what you want to hear, but yes it is.

I find myself being the venemous bitch to those that are closest to me, in particular my boyfriend and my mum.
I can feel it bubbling but before I can squash it back down inside again its boiled over and I'm having a *tantrum* for no apparant reason.
its a bit like hot milk, once its a little warm it gets too hot too quick and it boils over before you can turn the heat down.

Some times its instant and some thing specific triggers is but some times you just can tell where its come from and it ligers for hours, some times days.

I know exactly what you mean when you say the exorsist.

I also know what its like to know your doing it and feel like your not in control of it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Most troublesome BPD symtom? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
T I’m struggling with boyfriends BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
H Trauma and BPD, is there a connection? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 28
237BPDGoth For the other mother's with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B I need your help.. living with someone with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Disability SS for BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J How to tell mum I think she has BPD and how to support her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J BPD Breakup Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
CharlotteAnne BPD Got Me In Trouble Again Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G People say that you’re fine fine you don’t have bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
T wondering if i have bpd ? (Long post sorry) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
3 Misdiagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T Worrying Ive been misdiagnosed. Has anyone been diagnosed with depression and a long time later been diagnosed with BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia can you be manic with bpd? x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Struggling with meds and bpd. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
AppleJacks88 BPD and possible OCD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Louizard Being childish (except it's BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
P Private BPD/EUPD assessment (UK) any advice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
W BPD - A Patriarchal Diagnosis? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Viltato BPD and new relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
L Bpd and Need a out love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
L Depression and bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
C I think I may have BPD (tw) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
OneDayAtATime156 Breaking Cycles/Two people with BPD Dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
P NHS BPD assessment gone wrong (?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
L BPD is so dam hard Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
J Tired of generalizations about BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
DyingAngel Is this part of my BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Signofthetimes BPD and strengths 💖 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
R Is BPD really a disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
A husband was diagnosed with BPD but new therapist says he doesn't have it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Louizard I discovered I was diagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Does it sound like bpd? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Rylinguist Bpd is ruining my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G Bpd and relationship advice Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G Songs that make you think of BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
D 28, Feel like I will never recover from BPD, how did you recover? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
S Relationships when havig BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Catsworth I worry I have BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
fairydecay Does this sound like i have quiet BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
P Love and BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
L I want to learn all I can about BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Z how to cope with bpd without therapy or meds Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
T BPD Literature Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
AnnaBanana267 Typical BPD issues re: relationship - ouch Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
E Difference between BPD and CPTSD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
E Anyone diagnosed with a psychotic disorder as well as BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B Speaking to doctor about possible BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G I have bipolar but with traits of BPD - apparently... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4