• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Symtom of BPD?

A

annabel_lee

I was officially 'diagnosed' with BPD about 10 months ago. I was put on Sertraline (is that the right medication to have been prescribed?) and have been to and fro with the doctor ever since.

The thing is lately, I have been really irritable and very very nasty towards my family and friends. And I don't mean to be at all. It's like I'm possessed! (think Linda Blair in The Exorcist). Even I'm surprised by my own nastiness.

I was wondering, could this be a symptom of BPD?

Lara

Lara

I know its probably not what you want to hear, but yes it is.

I find myself being the venemous bitch to those that are closest to me, in particular my boyfriend and my mum.
I can feel it bubbling but before I can squash it back down inside again its boiled over and I'm having a *tantrum* for no apparant reason.
its a bit like hot milk, once its a little warm it gets too hot too quick and it boils over before you can turn the heat down.

Some times its instant and some thing specific triggers is but some times you just can tell where its come from and it ligers for hours, some times days.

I know exactly what you mean when you say the exorsist.

I also know what its like to know your doing it and feel like your not in control of it.