• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Symptoms

U

ubolt

Does anyone who has recovered from the symptoms of the illness because of the medication they take fall into the same trap of thinking that there is nothing actually wrong with them? This is happening to me now. Although I have no plans to stop taking the medication because I don't want the symptoms to return and take any backwards steps, I actually feel the way I did years ago before I got sick (aside from my feelings surrounding the experience itself). I've heard that in some examples people may only have a few episodes in their life and make a full recovery, but i'm not sure if the people in those examples had continued to take medication or not.

V

vimes

Does anyone who has recovered from the symptoms of the illness because of the medication they take fall into the same trap of thinking that there is nothing actually wrong with them? This is happening to me now. Although I have no plans to stop taking the medication because I don't want the symptoms to return and take any backwards steps, I actually feel the way I did years ago before I got sick (aside from my feelings surrounding the experience itself). I've heard that in some examples people may only have a few episodes in their life and make a full recovery, but i'm not sure if the people in those examples had continued to take medication or not.
I feel that most of the time, which is why I find it difficult to be compliant. I frequently find the whole thing to be unreal and just some fabrications to make me take the meds.

T

tumbleweed13502

i feel about the same as i did before i got sick. ive read that about a quarter of us recover and dont need meds, a quarter recover but need meds, and half show minimal or no recovery and are disabled for life.