• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Symptoms of Dementia?

L

lostinlimbo

I am 36 and want to gather some facts more about the symptoms. I know google is out there with lots of lots of information to share, but I get tired reading some crap information :) I lost focus. So I hope anyone could share it here. The reason why I am in this thread is that I feel like I am leading in this phase of life. But I wish it's just my mind playing!

J

JeanPierre

You are 36 years old. I agree your mind might be playing...lol.
Might you be depressed rather than heading toward dementia?
Do you have close family members that suffered with dementia?
Im sorry you are worrying so much.

jajingna

jajingna

I guess there's usually a lot of memory problems for people with dementia. And confusion.

L

lostinlimbo

You are 36 years old. I agree your mind might be playing...lol.
Might you be depressed rather than heading toward dementia?
Do you have close family members that suffered with dementia?
Im sorry you are worrying so much.
Yes in my mother's side. :) yeah I wish my mind just playing.

L

lostinlimbo

I guess there's usually a lot of memory problems for people with dementia. And confusion.
I really hope that my forgetfulness is the cause of too many thoughts in my head. I am actually spending more time in front of my computer. Because it's inline w/ my job! I'm a web developer so maybe this is one of the cause too.

J

JeanPierre

I really hope that my forgetfulness is the cause of too many thoughts in my head. I am actually spending more time in front of my computer. Because it's inline w/ my job! I'm a web developer so maybe this is one of the cause too.
I noticed this summer and autumn how I was forgetting and my eyes felt blurry.
It was stress I figured out.
The pandemic, for one.
Hope this helps!

calypso

calypso

Admin
We have an article on it on here that might be helpful. Supporting and being with a PERSON Living with Dementia. Clearly, its not about the symptoms per se but might have a few nuggets of info for you in there.

But I think it could be other things as being 36 is very young and there are many other things it could be. I am sorry that you are having so many problems.

Last edited:
P

PKNOX

Some common symptoms are increased confusion and reduced concentration.
Difficulty to remember even small things.
Some changes of behavior and attitude.

T

toucan

I am also 36 and have been wondering about the same thing. I joke with myself that I'm going senile because I'm too young for that to actually happen (this is correct, right?), but the symptoms aren't funny. I forget what I'm saying as I'm talking, stutter a lot, or can't think of the right word I want to use (basic words like "chicken"). I always feel confused. Sometimes I move like a turtle. It's like my whole brain just doesn't want to function, especially in the speech zone. Typing is totally unaffected.

It feels stress-related but I don't know if you can be so stressed that your mind actually deteriorates to a degree that resembles dementia?? I recently took some mental health screenings and got results for severe depression. I would believe that, I'm much worse off than my usual depression.

T

toucan

Is the only cure to de-stress? It's hard to find time to do that but I want my mind back. I used to be a sharp student in school and now I feel like an idiot, forgetting basic English words and being confused by everything all the time.

J

JeanPierre

Is the only cure to de-stress? It's hard to find time to do that but I want my mind back. I used to be a sharp student in school and now I feel like an idiot, forgetting basic English words and being confused by everything all the time.
That was the answer for me. Even my hearing / eyesight was affected.
I have extreme pain so I can escalate fast. It's a tightrope.
You are young and a student.
Use diet, excercise, don't forget to hydrate and do talk to a doctor.
You can do this.