• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Symptoms getting worse

L

Lab rat

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised given my sleep pattern, but now in addition to the voices, the last couple of days I’ve been getting visions too. I’m tempted to drink myself to sleep tonight 😡

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised given my sleep pattern, but now in addition to the voices, the last couple of days I’ve been getting visions too. I’m tempted to drink myself to sleep tonight 😡
What does your nurse/doctor say?

I think alcohol stops your medication from working as well as it could and also can cause side effects to worsen. We really aren't supposed to drink with them at all.

Are you able to cope at the moment? Just about?

I'm close to the edge at the moment as too much is going on in my life. I think i need a few days peace

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
You need to let your psychiatrist know this so they can tweak your meds or add new ones or prescribe better sleeping pills.
Sleep is very important and it has a huge affect on mental health.
Try to have a better sleep hygiene- no screen time, do some chores, read, drink valerian tea ect.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling poorly, please contact your crisis team or 111 if you don't have one.
Please try not to mix alcohol you might feel worse.

L

Lab rat

Thanks all. I’m not a drinker, I only ever really drink at Xmas, then it’s only a couple (I literally mean 2) but last night I had 4 and slept 10 hrs 🎉!!!!

I know I shouldn’t, being on meds, but I was at the end of my tether! Thanks all for the replies, but when I get something in my head, there’s no stopping me 😞

I’m just not getting anywhere with my cmht. They don’t seem to care, I think it’s because they are so overstretched? My next appointment is week after next.

J

JeanPierre

Really if it only takes a few and everybody that lives with you are good.
I would do it. In this instance, I feel it is medicinal unless you have a problem with it.
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Hydrate. Sleep! LOL

Last edited:
ht46

ht46

it might be a timing thing with when you take your meds, that was why my sleep pattern was lacking, talk to your psychiatrist about it. I've drunk the entire time I've been medicated it can effect your mood and create a dependency which is unsustainable due to the impact on our body thats why I'm trying to cut back. If your antipsychotics are sedating ask your psychiatrist if you can take them before you go to bed or ask for sleeping pills I reckon.

T

ToothPullOuch

Report your symptoms and ask for medication to make those symptoms manageable. If we could deal with sz through mental exercises alone it wouldn't be an illness. Meds first, then mental tools.

Sorry, I've got no advice for sleep because I face my own sleep problems. If I can't then I stay up.

L

Lab rat

I won’t be repeating the exercise any time soon. I guess my sleep pattern will go back to what it was. But I don’t care! I slept last night, that’s all I care about 😊

T

toto

The question is what keeps you awake? I can say that with mental exercises in some cases it is possible to control schizophrenia. What are you so worried about not sleeping? Try drinking for three days, then take a break from those days without alcohol, in an attempt to try to sleep without alcohol. I also thought ... my husband drinks 200 grams of vodka every night. If 1 beer will help me fall asleep ... even the kidneys are said to help.:D:cheers:

T

toto

What I have noticed is that after many sleepless days, when I then sleep 2-3 days normally, I have a super surge of energy and I can spend the next days with less sleep. The important thing here is to find a place to expend this energy, to strive to always go to bed at the same time and to balance your energy over time. Wake / sleep balance. You have to believe that you can handle it.

T

toto

I hope it stopped the Christian channels as well. Did you know that there are images on the Internet that say they cause a visual hallucination? It is important not to make the mistake of the previous road, to hit random people on the street. Limit your sources of information while in crisis. I avoid TV then because in these states I analyze everything I touch. And so I can't sleep at all. Choose the right music and just listen to it. Maybe a classic for these cases, just with a melody, without words to evoke additional thoughts.

L

Lab rat

You, toto, have summed it up beautifully. I can’t sleep because as I’m drifting off, my voices start and get progressively louder until I get up. This wasn’t the case at the start, at the start I had piles of unused energy and was so hyped that I couldn’t sleep. I’m not a drinker, so maybe last nights tipple has reset things, at least I hope so!

I’m struggling to articulate the problem to my nurse because my brain has been boiled in butter and I struggle to hold a thought. Funny thing is that after a decent nights sleep, one night! I’m back to my old self and I have had no problem with voices at all today.

It’s not worry that’s keeping me awake, I’ve got plenty to worry about! But that’s not the problem

O

On Fire

I know the feeling that the CMHT seem to not care. I too think it is because they are over stretched.

T

toto

Well, that's how I put it: I don't get along with my husband. For the first time in 14-15 years together we have a situation in which ... since 4.11.2020 we have not had a scandal. It used to be every day. I need a job. The condition is to rest every 4 hours 15 minutes, colleagues to be polite and intelligent. We need a bigger house. They can't help me with that, so they are powerless to heal me. I don't know what you need, but if they can't help you solve the problems, the treatment they offer is like shaking around like addicts running away from reality.