• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Switching treatment

C

Cb105

So, I have been on St. John’s Wort for about a month now, and I have found that it has stopped working all at once. ( kind of like the “Prozac poop out” ). Anyway, my anxiety, depression, and OCD have gotten extremely exhausting to deal with and Ive started looking into other supplements to help. ( I refuse to take prescriptions because Of the side effects and I don’t believe in filling my body with toxins. Anyway, I am starting a multivitamin because I believe I have a vitamin deficiency as my diet has been less than ideal during quarantine, and I am switching from St. John’s to 5htp. So, my question is; how fast can I make this transition, because I’m sick of feeling like poop, and I need to be functional as I’m starting school and work again soon. Thanks and have an awesome day! 👍

B

bpd2020

Before you start taking vitamins you may want to have a blood test. This will show if you are lacking in anything. If you just take a multivitamin or other vitamins you could be getting too much of one thing.

S

saynow

treatment with plant is known not be potent as supportive therapy
so you may direct yourself toward conventional medicine