• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sweaty

H

hairybanana

Just needing to whinge. Had some bad nightmares last night, just one after another. Relentless. Screaming out in my sleep, thankfully my son didn’t hear any of it. He’s yet to hear that. I’ve woken up feeling groggy, head is all foggy, and I’m dripping in sweat. Absolutely saturated. My pants are sticking to my legs like I’ve been swimming in my clothes. I hate waking up like this. Just want to curl up in a ball on the floor of the shower and stay there til the water runs cold.
Life is being stressful enough as it is, I don’t need ptsd shit piling up on top of everything right now. Uuuuuuggghhh

B

Bobby B

Hi I won’t pretend to know your suffering cos I don’t, do you have a help outlet like a friend or maybe professional help?

H

hairybanana

Hey bobby, thanks for the response. Yeah have got all that sorted psychologist/meds etc. Doesn’t make it go away unfortunately, though it is a lot better than it used to be before therapy, less intense, less frequent

B

Bobby B

How active are you? I’ve recently started training again @ 55 😱
Only doing light stuff but I still love it. Nothing better for me to me jogging through the countryside.

C

celticlass

Hi. I was in hospital recently for a bit of surgery. They withdrew my MH meds all the time I was in. So my nightmares came back. I was screaming out and disturbing the other patients. As you describe I was dripping with sweat. So I wonder if you are on medication and if there are factors going on in your life generally. I know, the hard way, that it is better for me to stay on a treatment plan. It improves my effectiveness and quality of life.

H

hairybanana

How active are you? I’ve recently started training again @ 55 😱
Only doing light stuff but I still love it. Nothing better for me to me jogging through the countryside.
Not as active as I used to be for sure. Partly due to having next to no free time, mostly due to laziness and not making it a priority

H

hairybanana

Hi. I was in hospital recently for a bit of surgery. They withdrew my MH meds all the time I was in. So my nightmares came back. I was screaming out and disturbing the other patients. As you describe I was dripping with sweat. So I wonder if you are on medication and if there are factors going on in your life generally. I know, the hard way, that it is better for me to stay on a treatment plan. It improves my effectiveness and quality of life.
Far out, I’d be karate chopping everyone if they took me off my meds. I’ll add that to my list of reasons why I never want to go back to a hospital again.
The AD’s I take supposedly help with ptsd and ocd symptoms as well. I am yet to get the ball rolling with a medication review. It’s on my ever growing list of things to sort out. My doc did talk about meds for nightmares and shit, but I was a bit iffy. It used to be the kind of thing that’d happen every other night and it was quite unbearable back then—before therapy etc. now days it’s less frequent and not as horrific as it used to be so i decided to stay away from any additional medication

H

hairybanana

Have been getting nightmares a lot of late. Last nights wasn’t good. They’re picking up in intensity. Getting graphic again. It’s probably stress setting it off. I’m really tired. Haven’t slept well for a while now with these relentless nightmares intruding on my sleep.

The worst part of having nightmares like this, they’re honestly revolting. Disgusting. Having things done to me against my will. The worst part though is when I wake up. And I feel physically aroused by it all. And then I feel sick. I really hate the way my body responds to these nightmares. Makes me feel so fucked up.