Suspecting my mother of BPD and PTSD

K

KitKat90

I found your post interesting. I have had issues with my mother. Our relationship changed when I changed how I responded to her. She has opened up to me. I have a better understanding of why she has acted the way she did at times.

At your Mothers age, have you ever considered that she is unhappy with the choices she made in her life? And from your comments on her marriage. That maybe she is not getting what she needs out of her relationship with your Father? You seem to be analyzing her behavior way too much. I think more is going on here than your mother having a MI. Women go through a lot of changes due to hormones and if she has any health issues that maybe effecting her as well. Past experiences that you know nothing about. Don’t assume you can look at her behavior and tell what is going on with her. We all have things in our live that drive us to act in different ways.

Try to look at the whole picture when it comes to your Mom. A little love and understanding can go along way.

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you for your post!

At your Mothers age, have you ever considered that she is unhappy with the choices she made in her life?
I know that for a fact because she keeps complaining about her early life choices such as not becoming a doctor, not moving to a bigger city, accepting to live her younger years in a small apartment instead of trying to get better. She has wild fantasies about living in places like Paris, owning a condo there in downtown and stopping by a classy coffee-shop every morning. Later on in life, about not focusing hard enough on her career etc.

That maybe she is not getting what she needs out of her relationship with your Father?
It doesn't seem like she's getting what she needs out of anything, it's very hard to pinpoint something because that thing might just be an external excuse for how she feels internally due to a poor neurotransmitter situation that doesn't have much to do with anything outside of her head.

I think more is going on here than your mother having a MI. Women go through a lot of changes due to hormones and if she has any health issues that maybe effecting her as well.
If the argument is that all women go through that, she's at least 2 standard deviations away from the center of the Gauss curve so no, I don't think it's normal xD

Don’t assume you can look at her behavior and tell what is going on with her.
I think I know this better than anybody. I take too much psychoactive medication and have been through too many mental states in order to assume anything about how people animate and what it means. In this topic I only state what I think it's the main contributing factor but there are many factors. To put it in the big picture like you want it, it seems like she's got 40% un-expressed DNA that she's desperately trying to express and blames everyone around her for not being able to.

That's when drugs kick in. I'm a big believer in these treatments. When you take 30mg of dextro-amphetamine, 100% of your DNA is instantly expressed whether you want it or not you become yourself 100%, which, to others, it might look like you're a worst person, but to yourself, you are actually fulfilling the nature of your existence.

She despises those kind of treatments out of a big irrational fear.