• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Surviving voices.

T

thrill

I hear voices on a daily basis.

They accuse me, threaten me, instruct me, insult me, narrate my actions and say things that make me paranoid.......
They occur often yet are transient.
At the moment they are a bother, are disorientating but managable as I'm back on Invega Sustenna.

Kerome

Kerome

There are many good threads about this on the forum, stories about people who have managed to create better relationships with their voices and improved their situation. So I'll try and summarise a bit.

First off, if you haven't seen Eleanor Longden's TED talk you should watch it, many people find it highly inspirational. She found her way back, so can we, with the right help.

Second, there are lots of stories on the forum about the positive effect of respect and self compassion. I'd look up te.reo.orooro's posts, and the stickys at the top of the forums. The idea is to treat the voices with respect, almost as if they were people, while acknowledging that they are not persons in the real world. At the same time treat yourself with compassion and love. You try to create an atmosphere of positivity and good interactions.

Hope it works for you! All the best...

W

wellness

I hear voices on a daily basis.

They accuse me, threaten me, instruct me, insult me, narrate my actions and say things that make me paranoid.......
They occur often yet are transient.
At the moment they are a bother, are disorientating but managable as I'm back on Invega Sustenna.
Hi,
It is indeed a grave misfortune that you have been hit by the Voices ... so there is no escaping that but do indeed accept that you are infected by the voices this is the first crucial step to recovery and being able to cope and deal with them ... it can be difficult and the voices are such that they tend to want to make you believe that they are NOT Voices but something else .... so that is the strength of your convictions that will be tested time and again ... resolve fully and accept that these are just "The Voices" ...
Keep in regular consultations with your psychiatrist and religiously take all the prescribed meds ...

Also being a regular on this Forum and reading and interacting via the different posts is a great form of Therapy !!
Cheerio !!