• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Surviving the holiday

M

Mastiff mom

Thank god, it's over! I love my family so much but having a house full of people puts me over the edge. My sister came to stay and that was a bit difficult-- I asked her at one point if she would mind if I took a nap--I've been tired since my surgery. She wasn't very nice about it and asked me resentfully what she was supposed to do while I rested. I offered several options but she shot them all down. I took my nap anyways because I have to take care of myself. Then there was the madness of preparing the meal. We did have splendid feast but doing all those dishes? I'd rather be put on the rack! I am wiped out. Sigh.

mami5

mami5

Glad it's over for you now and you can enjoy a well earned rest. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Glad you made it through the holiday Mastiff mom. :hug:
Must have been especially hard for you having had surgery so very recently. Personally, I feel your sister should have been more considerate. She might be your house guest, but it's not your job to entertain her constantly, it's your holiday too. :hug:

C

clyde

That's great that you can have a good rest. Take care.