• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Support

jdoe123

jdoe123

My husband is argumentative, verbally combative, and not appreciative of how I try to help him. He has Schitzoaffective disorder and is in the hospital b/c he wouldn't take his meds or think he has a problem. He stayed last weekend in jail and wrecked our vehicles while being delusional from drugs and alcohol. I am hitting my head up against the wall ....he makes me feel terrible...blames me ...the tough love is hard I don't know if I want to stay in the marriage except that we have been married 20 yrs. He was supposed to come home from the hospital today but the dr. decided to keep him.

D

Dollit

I can't tell you to stay or go in your marriage but when I was thinking of ending mine (he was an alcoholic who almost drank himself to death) I was told that I had to put all the crap to one side and decide if he hadn't been an alcoholic would I still be there. The answer was that I wouldn't and I divorced him. It was simple for me but also very difficult.

jdoe123

jdoe123

Thank you for responding I appreciate all support....
yes, I would be with him (and be much happier) if he didn't have a problem.
To tell you the truth I think maybe I have forgotten what he was like w/o the drama, walking on eggshells, overcompensating to make sure he is happy, agrreeing w/ everything he says, checking on him constantly and being basically alone in the marriage. The whole entire day to day process is extremely draining and.....I feel as if I am treading in deep water and about to drown. While ago I went to the hospital..to talk to him and later begin a conversation about me (something that happened to me this week that was frustrating) he always manages to manipulate the conversation to be about him and then he says"Well I am the one in the psych. hospital....) DRAINING....

T

Twylight

Well, a lot of couples stay together for the sake of the children

jdoe123

jdoe123

You are correct many people do. I like to think we don't stay together for that reason b/c it helps me deal with the situation at hand. Well and the fact he tells me he would give me nothing and he manipulates and so on...
blah blah..boring ..most of the time I feel like I am losing my footing..I told Dollitt I felt like I was drowning..

T

Twylight

I know how stressfull it is when someone is unwell

You must have the patience of a Saint - it's no wonder your exausted

T

Twylight

I don't like my meds, but I take them because of the devastation I cause to everyone around me if i stop

T

Twylight

I take Olanzepine which is bearable, but some meds are horrid

jdoe123

jdoe123

meds

The dr has him on Geodon but I can't tell a difference he is still thoughtless about other people's feelings....very irritable and verbally combative. Do the meds make youfeel bad? What makes you beyond the help of anyone b/cI only know how he statrs to act.

T

Twylight

I'm schizophrenic and without meds I go into a Psychosis

My senses tell me lies and I'm in my own world away from reality - it's terrifying - but to other people I might appear irritating and annoying

The only thing they've found so far to get me back in the real world is medication - but it's unpleasant

I tried ten different meds over many years

Your husband might be more willing to take his meds - if he find the most suitable one