• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

support worker

megirl

megirl

Well my current support worker who kind of took over from my previous support support worker is leaving he was really pleasant but sort of brushed things away talked about his weight at times and beat about the bush!!
However i have my previous support worker back he has been with me through thick and thin and very much to the point he always took notice of what i was saying and feeling and if i requested for him to speak to my pdoc he would do so asap.
No mucking around.
He would always give me feedback on how I am presenting at times to him and his concerns
So yeh am pleased to have him back!!

He is also very well grounded and assertive which suits me best
:)

G

Golden

You are so lucky to have that support. I don't have anything as the team here were very unkind to say the least.

megirl

megirl

I am very fortunate,
I think in my area we have a pretty good community mental health service. And when I say that it pretty much is the local mental health service in this area only.
About 2 hours drive away to the next facility its not that great really.
I do appreciate it and yeh they are very supportive. A nursing friend of mine and others who have been visitors of other areas services when visiting me have commented how friendly and helpful they have found the staff and from what I have told them has impressed them.
I have heard a lot of the psych services in other places like the UK just don't have that kind of support available to them.
Its is really sad and yeh I do feel for others that dont have that.

xx

megirl

megirl

I feel that at times I really dont need their support anymore,
I am lucky to still have that and appreciate their on-going care.
I do feel I dont deserve their support at times cos I aren't crook enough.
Maybe I am wasting their time but they reassure me its not the case.
I have my old support worker back who is awesome and would say that even 10 minutes of their time i find useful.
I do wish others had this degree of support

T

Taffy

Well its great to see that you are getting your old pal back to support, I am delighted for you. :hug1:

I wish we could all get on a plane and come and live over your way..:D

megirl

megirl

That would be awesome xx
Well be great to meet you in person,
wish you did live here down under
x

megirl

megirl

Yes I do get on with him really well.
Just like my pdoc (I think this is really really important to me (??? maybe as a child i was often talked about but not directly talked Too? part of borderline) (bpd)
Anyway its a big thing for me for people to make eye contact and acknowledge exactly what i saying. Like for instance my support people know I restrict my food...control my weight etc
They would comment hows your diet, or acknowledging I have lost weight (but wouldnt dare say you are looking healthy weight wise (its like they are saying well done for restricting??)
But anyway he knows some things are not up for discussion!!
My other support person started talking about his weight etc.
Maybe as a ex-nurse well in the physical field I like the medical model the facts are the facts
If that makes sense,

Sorry bout the blabbling again lol!
Yes its like having my pal back
Hes a perfect match for my personality issues/stuff..
anyway see him tomorrow,
Was nervous about it but he rang me yesterday and I was like 'oh thats right we really get on well'

I guess also I have suffered from clinical depression for as long as i remember and asked for help often but was told 'what a lot of crap you dont have any idea what you are talking about'
People not acknowledging what i say is HUGE

And yep I certainly know there are a lot of us who have been through similiar

G

Golden

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel like that. You deserve that support. You deserve to receive care. We all do and I'm happy at least one person is getting it.

With much love
Golden

megirl

megirl

golden no you didn't upset me at all.
I am lucky and wish that everyone could get such care.
I was just reflecting and at the same time putting a bit of my journey out there
But you certainly didn't make me feel bad at all or upset in any way
xx

off to bed now
nite nite
:hug: