support worker assessment

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my support worker said as my pip claim was dealt with that she was closing the case, as she didn't put it in writing i left a message on the bosses answerphone she phoned they haven't closed my case i just don't need support, i said does that mean i can ask for support she said what support do you need i said you know full well i can't answer that question, she's coming round thur to asssess me, i'm wondering what support should i ask for, i could say i need someone to be there for me in emergency and in an emergency going through a 2 month application process is useless, they'll say that isn't their remit

F

fidget

you confuse me rambo, why do you want a support worker if there isn't any support you specifically want? is it just a security thing? you want someone to look after you? I guess you just have to ask them for whatever you decide you want, it will be up to them if it fits their role or not. Hope it goes well anyway

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my black neighbour said your family could be there for you, they don't have to care for you you don't need much care

i'd like someone there for me in emergency, i've heard they call those on pip for face to face assessments and don't look ar the original claim, if so waiting 2 months to have someone represent me could be a problem

my mind group are now charging i'd like personalised payments to pay for which i need representation

Theres a lot of issues were if i represent myself my mental health status will be used against me where i need someone whose sanity isn't under question to represent me

C

curlz

I don't know your situation Rambo.. Do you have difficulty in remembering things..like taking your meds promt to wash or eat? It depends what's going on with you really.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I don't know your situation Rambo.. Do you have difficulty in remembering things..like taking your meds promt to wash or eat? It depends what's going on with you really.
that is if you assume the regime the dwp uses for assessing benefits is just, i might theoretically be able to work 10hrs a week in some theoretically perfect job, or with time and help i might, does that mean i should be declared fit for work or put in the wrag group

then i live by myself independent living is expensive, been able to work 10 hrs a week on the min wage would not pay enough, then theres the dwp clarks habit of stopping the pip for those who do, a guy in my mind group it's just happened to, the mind women who runs the group was on about it not been means tested so you can keep it on top of wages, a bit of a red herring. a lot of these mental health staff are closet torys doing their duty to the needy