• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Support groups for cyclothymia in London?

S

ShevekDelphy

Hello everybody,

I very recently joined this forum because my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with cyclothymia and I'm looking for support groups for her. She has been proposed quietapine by the psychiatrist she saw about a month ago, but she has not started taking anything yet as she is understandably wary of taking drugs.

Does anyone have any info about support groups in London? She lives in SE London.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can share info about this.

Liam

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hello,
I don't live in London and don't know of any groups.
Have you tried an internet search for what might be in your area?
I don't know if there are any online "noticeboards" or ads that you could place asking for groups but it might be worth trying those too.
Good luck, I hope you can find somewhere and it's really good of you to be so supportive of your girlfriend.

S

ShevekDelphy

Hi there,

Thankyou for your message. I have tried searches on the internet but its frustratingly difficult, lots of online discussion sites (which are very good and helpful for lots of things) but no information about live support groups.
I will try and find some noticeboards, good idea I hadn't thought of that.

Thankyou again

Liam

B

ballerina123

have you tried bipolar UK. they have groups in London just search "bipolar UK" in google and on there site there is a part where you can find support groups. there are quite a few in London. I live in London and have attended a few and found them really helpful/

S

ShevekDelphy

Thankyou very much I will check it out.

Does it make sense for her to attend a support group for bi-polar, even if she only has cyclothymia?

I'm guessing it does otherwise you wouldn't have suggested it, but I'm asking anyway because I don't know much (if anything) about these things and wanted to make sure I was proposing something sound to her.

Thankyou again for your suggestion!

B

ballerina123

cyclothymia is a type of bipolar so she would be very welcome. there are some with cyclothimia in my group

S

ShevekDelphy

Thankyou for your quick reply!

I will look to see where the nearest group is to her.