• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Support group in Fife?

L

Lacombe

Hi all. I'm new here and already asking for help. Sorry about that :/

Just wondering if anyone has ever come across any support group in Fife. I suffer from depression and social anxiety. I was a lot worse some years ago and could find no group support anywhere near me.

In the future, if I wanted to organise a group for self help and the odd social activity, how difficult would this be? I'm a lot better than I used to be and would like to help in any way I can for those at the darkest part of the tunnel that might benefit.

bulbie

bulbie

I had this problem in Fife as well, there's very little to nothing out there. Depends on where in Fife you live too. I was near Dunfermline, and though i didn't go to it, there was a group in the gillespie church at the bus station. That's the only one I found though...

skitzofrantik

skitzofrantik

canny help with groups in fife, how ever penumbra (Fife - PenumbraPenumbra) they do have numbers to contact under there fife section and are a really good service but if if they dont help possibly with the support group they will have access to possible charity's etc in the area and may be a good source for more information just a thought :peace:

L

Lacombe

Thanks for the replies :) I may well contact Penumbra. It's annoying there's so little out there.

T

theinvisibleone

Shockingly poor where I live too. They are out there, not very many and not for the lowest class in society. But never mind those... I need some teeth pulled but can't even get access to a dentist.

Shelter_Skelter

Shelter_Skelter

Shockingly poor where I live too. They are out there, not very many and not for the lowest class in society. But never mind those... I need some teeth pulled but can't even get access to a dentist.
what do you mean 'not for the lowest class in society' ?

Nothing where I'm from either.

N

NightOwl30

Not long moved into the area and not found anything. However I think it would be good to have a few people to speak with online within the area