Support group in Fife?

L

Lacombe

Hi all. I'm new here and already asking for help. Sorry about that :/

Just wondering if anyone has ever come across any support group in Fife. I suffer from depression and social anxiety. I was a lot worse some years ago and could find no group support anywhere near me.

In the future, if I wanted to organise a group for self help and the odd social activity, how difficult would this be? I'm a lot better than I used to be and would like to help in any way I can for those at the darkest part of the tunnel that might benefit.

bulbie

bulbie

I had this problem in Fife as well, there's very little to nothing out there. Depends on where in Fife you live too. I was near Dunfermline, and though i didn't go to it, there was a group in the gillespie church at the bus station. That's the only one I found though...

skitzofrantik

skitzofrantik

canny help with groups in fife, how ever penumbra (Fife - PenumbraPenumbra) they do have numbers to contact under there fife section and are a really good service but if if they dont help possibly with the support group they will have access to possible charity's etc in the area and may be a good source for more information just a thought :peace:

L

Lacombe

Thanks for the replies :) I may well contact Penumbra. It's annoying there's so little out there.

T

theinvisibleone

Shockingly poor where I live too. They are out there, not very many and not for the lowest class in society. But never mind those... I need some teeth pulled but can't even get access to a dentist.

Shelter_Skelter

Shelter_Skelter

Shockingly poor where I live too. They are out there, not very many and not for the lowest class in society. But never mind those... I need some teeth pulled but can't even get access to a dentist.
what do you mean 'not for the lowest class in society' ?

Nothing where I'm from either.

N

NightOwl30

Not long moved into the area and not found anything. However I think it would be good to have a few people to speak with online within the area