• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Support from this forum

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I have just been looking at another site and its made me realise how unique this site is. We are all very supportive of each other. I have learnt things about my own condition depression and anxiety and about other conditions that I hope I won't forget in the future.

Some of the other sites show little empathy towards people with serious problems eg; self harming, suicidal ideation' with comments such as "get on with it" and they could be a real risk to people who post.

It is an addictive site (for me anyway) and you have to use you own judgement on how much you get involved and think of your own mental health and what you can cope with but overall for me it has been very positive.
I hope other people agree.

KP

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Kp1, I would just like to second your sentiments with regard to MHF :clap:

Sometimes, when I feel so down and just cannot think why, or when times are really tough with our 3 teens, I have logged on, only to read a number of posts that put my worries etc. into perspective, and instantly make me feel better :)

I think the reason MHF shows such empathy, support and MAGIC -Dollit, is because, we do understand, we do all suffer in many different ways and because of that are able to speak to each other as if we are all in the same room.:)

I also think the mods on this site are excellent and very caring - keep up all the good work MHF:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi KP,

Yep I agree - am amazed that on other sites people don't show a sense of empathy to their other members. I think everyone here recognises the pain that we all go through and are very carefull with their posts - though for most I think it comes naturally. There is a real sense that what we want to do is support and help each other and our posts automatically reflect that. Long may it continue! (y)

We should all give ourselves a pat on the back!

I too find it addictive but again this is just a reflection of what a supportive place this is. Ok we have the occasional hiccup but that's mainly because we are all human and comfortable enough here to post our own views and thoughts.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
This is the best mental health forum I've used, although the other ones I'd used in the past were ok but not great. There's a lot of posts here and they are regular as well - but most of all there is a good atmosphere here and that's very important.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
This is the best mental health forum I've used, although the other ones I'd used in the past were ok but not great. There's a lot of posts here and they are regular as well - but most of all there is a good atmosphere here and that's very important.
I'll 2nd this (y)

D

Dollit

Well I've always said that this is a real community. I have friends far and wide on here but all incredibly supportive. A lot of stuff I talk about in pms and I always feel a little lighter when I've been able to plug into the people who listen.

What works well here too for me is that we are all at different stages of our journey, we have different levels of knowledge but we all have something valid to contribute.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This doesnt seem like a MH forum to me, its more a support but for people that have MH probs, if that makes any sense. I think because you can talk about anything from feeling really crap, and people not thinking 'oh shes moaning again' to telling others what youve been up to , even if it was only going for a walk. Members on here can appreciate what an effort that may have taken you to do that.

Then on the other hand you may be playing one of the games or telling a peice of gossip.

:flowers:
Dafx

johnquick

johnquick

forum

Hi everyone
I have tried to set up a forum both on the web (here) and http://mentalhealthforum.forargyll.com/
hope you find the paper interesting if anyone is interested take a look at the site tell me what you think? its up for maintance at the moment but will be back up soon.:unsure:my email is [email protected] if your interested in PTSD/Depression:oops::sleep:

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Other 3
D Other 3
JessisMe Other 13
Fairy Lucretia Other 2
Justafriend95 Other 30