• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Supplements

D

Deliah

Hello,

I'm interested in starting to take some supplements which may be considered to be useful for mental health. Does anyone do this and have they found it beneficial. Have heard magnesium, vitamin D and zinc can all help. Would love to know what you think. love D xxxxxx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Definitely a multi-vitamin and fish oil capsule to start with - and then add others according to your needs.

C

Callalily

I take Vitamin D3, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin K2, Magnesium and Vitamin C. They are a good range and spoken about being very beneficial for a range of areas for your health.

I'd advise against multi vits as they tend not to be so good, better to buy individually. It can be expensive but depends how important you see them as :)

D

Deliah

Thank you, I'm thinking I will ask at the docs to test my blood vitamin and minerals levels. I don't want to take things without knowing what is needed. The said I had very low vitamin D when I was in hospital, so that one is a definite for me. I was curious at the time why I wasn't then given D vitamins to take. Seems a nonsense that they tested my blood to see but offered nothing when it is know to be one that helps the brain. D x

O

one-less

I just started a multivitamin again hours ago after waking from a hard night of realizing I have a cold. Was recommended to me a few years ago by my doctor at the time & I've done that since. Greatly helps my energy & I don't get sick as often. Going to your doctor is the way to go :)