• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

supernatural

J

justlikeawoman

I just thought I would try to open up a discussion about supernatural things. I am not talking about things that go bump in the night. Although, if you want to talk about that well do so.
I just wondered if anybody out there has ever had what they consider to be a supernatural experience? If so, would you be willing to write about it?
From the beginning of creation when man came on the earth there have been records of people having encounters with heavenly beings, angels, and even God himself.
Do you believe in God? If so, what do you think God is? Is God a person? Is he an alien, is he a block of wood?
The Bible says that God is Spirit?
Does anybody else out there have any takes on this?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Are you going to start us off then .............. with your experiance's thought's etc ???

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hey Justlikeawoman!

Get on over to John Allman's inbox, you could discuss just who God is together.

God could be Ems for all we know...:rolleyes:

J

justlikeawoman

supernatural and spirituality

Are you going to start us off then .............. with your experiance's thought's etc ???
ok. i am a christian. i believe in god. i believe the bible is the inspired word of god. i have had many encounters with god, through prayer, reading my bible, reading books, listening to music, just talking to people, in quiet times alone with him and also during my sleeping time. the list is endless.

i was brought up a catholic. i did everything that could have been possible when it came to being religious and carrying out religious duties. however, what i didnt realise during my life was that being an ordinary human being that i was prone to sinning just like anybody else.

i suffered with agoraphobia for many, many years. i think i had my first panic attack when i was about sixteen. i didnt know what it was. i didnt have anymore panic attacks until i was living in canada. i ended up suffering with full blown agoraphobia. i know what it is like to hear your heart beating in your ears. have everything spinning, dry mouth, racing heart and extra heart beats as well as no heart beats.
i know what it is like to hyperventilate to the extent you have to be taken to hospital.
during my time in canada i was offered valium - which i didnt take. i was naive but not naive enough to go down that road of drug taking. i eventually left canada and returned home to my own land. it was a long slow process but i eventually managed to learn to cope with my life. it wasnt healed, i coped.
i eventually married and had three children. i met a gp in the early 1980s who knew that i had agoraphobia and he told me that agoraphobia could be healed. if i wanted to know more then i had to come to a special surgery he held. i did want to know more and i made an appointment and i went back to see him. it happened to be that he was a christian and he spoke to me about the healing love of god through jesus christ. about how sin can cause guilt and mental suffering etc. he offered to pray with me. i agreed. as he came over to lay hands on me for prayer i suddenly told him about a very deep wrong that i had from my past. i expected rebuke but he told me i should ask god to forgive me, which i did. this was the first time i prayed openly, a free open prayer from my heart. it wasnt a set prayer which so many in the catholic church are.
he prayed with me. i asked god to forgive me and from then on i have had an ongoing relationship with god.
i discovered my worth and value to god.
so that is the beginning.
i met with god that day. i know he exists. i have always known he exists but that was more a knowing in my head. but since that day i have known in my heart. i wasnt instantly healed of agoraphobia or anxiety but i have had a gradual healing. i look back on my life now and think how did i come this far. there is that unseeing force which carried me through.
if god allows me to share some more with the forum then i am sure there will be more to follow. i now thank god that i suffer with mental illness. he has brought some really good things out of it.
for now i will stop
god bless and good night

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I've been steering clear of religion and politics (apart from the political compass :p ), my favourite subjects are religion and politics which relegates me to the person you don't invite to a dinner party :LOL: (well that and my temper!!)

But as someone else has brought it up I'll throw in my tuppence...

Do you believe in God? Yes.

If so, what do you think God is? I believe he is infinite, absolute, beyond creation thus unknowable by our definition of knowledge and limited perception.

Is God a person? As in does he have finite form? No.

Is he an alien? No.

Is he a block of wood? No.

The Bible says that God is Spirit? I believe it actually infers that a spirit proceeds from him, as in 'on the face of the water' I think the Hebrew, romanised' is 'Ruach Elohim' which contains all kinds of hidden mysteries....

M

maudikie

I just thought I would try to open up a discussion about supernatural things. I am not talking about things that go bump in the night. Although, if you want to talk about that well do so.
I just wondered if anybody out there has ever had what they consider to be a supernatural experience? If so, would you be willing to write about it?
From the beginning of creation when man came on the earth there have been records of people having encounters with heavenly beings, angels, and even God himself.
Do you believe in God? If so, what do you think God is? Is God a person? Is he an alien, is he a block of wood?
The Bible says that God is Spirit?
Does anybody else out there have any takes on this?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was God

:unsure: