• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sunlight and the bath

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Essential when you are depressed, however depressed you are.

Sunlight can be a cruel thing. A bath feels impossible, i dread it. I need to get both every day, i have realised.

A good meal as soon as you can. I had a cheese and lettuce roll today and lots of cereal and toast. This is ok i think. I also opened a carton of juice and that means 2 of my 5-a-day. It isn't great, but good enough for now.

Fresh out of the bath, i feel human again. Being smelly and dirty makes you feel worse. A clean nightdress and clean sheets are so nice. I don't change everything in one go, i do pillowcases one day, sheet another and duvet cover another. I think the pillow cases are the most important.

I still feel :low: and :cry: and :sleepy2:.

Next month we have pumpkins and scared cat. Comfort food. I will bake a pumpkin pie. I might make hot apple cider. Jacket potatoes. Hot chocolate and marshmallows.

Then fireworks, a twinkling light to remind you that there are some nice things in the world, a bit of something beautiful to make you glad you are alive. It breaks through the dark clouds.

Then Christmas. Get the family stuff over fast and then enjoy all the things that are nice. The tree lights are soothing in the evenings.

New Year, always dreaded, but another year over, another year survived. The next year, let's start with the 1st January. Forget about the 2nd.

N

Nukelavee

You should add Canadian Thanksgiving to October. Have a turkey dinner.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I might have turkey and also pumpkin pie.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
How are the depressed people feeling tonight?

I have had problems eating enough today. I eat a spoonful and don't want it and if i make myself eat a good meal, i don't feel well.

I have a background feeling of nothingness.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Those who are not depressed too, how are you all?

It is so warm here and that makes me feel worse. I hope it'll be cold again soon.

All creatures great and small - they just killed a horse. I should not watch telly, this is painful. I know the horse was in pain, but i cannot cope with that.

This was supposed to be positive but now i am being too affected by the suffering of the world. I will stop here.

D

Daringdan

I suppose we could all use some more therapeutic things in our lives like sunshine and baths. Like maybe, a cold shower to snap you up awake and ready or a nice cup of tea for relaxation.

M

Mistral

There are things I do not like to do, such as having a bath/shower, hoovering the floors washing the dishes and doing necessary work in the garden. But when I have finished one of these things, I have always felt better. So when I am thinking of dodging them, I remind myself of that.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
There are things I do not like to do, such as having a bath/shower, hoovering the floors washing the dishes and doing necessary work in the garden. But when I have finished one of these things, I have always felt better. So when I am thinking of dodging them, I remind myself of that.
I sometimes tell myself i cannot have my coffee until i have done one of those jobs i hate. It does work usually.