• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Suicidial friend

• Thread starter midnightphoenix
  • Start date
Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Sounds like she has a lot going on Midnight. I'm sure she is a good friend, but I think she needs to vent with a therapist. You could give her a link to this site, it helps to vent here. But it sounds like she seriously needs professional help as well.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Sounds like she has a lot going on Midnight. I'm sure she is a good friend, but I think she needs to vent with a therapist. You could give her a link to this site, it helps to vent here. But it sounds like she seriously needs professional help as well.
i told her previously about forums that can help her when i'm offline, but she won't use forums to talk about anything, nor will she speak to a professional when she gets suicidial :(

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Then there's nothing else you can do Midnight. You did everything you could and beyond.

JessisMe

JessisMe

If it's messing with your brain it might be time to give her the helpline number, tell her you have to go but truly do care, then click block.
I agree midnight this friendship seems very high maintenance, potentially manipulative and very stressful. Ultimately you have to look after your interests. This woman appears to not care how her words and actions affect you, she seems more interested in keeping your attention focused on her and her problems. You don’t need to be the solution to her problems or even an ear to her problems. We are all grown ups and it is our responsibility to manage our own lives. I would tell her that there is nothing more that you can do for her and that she needs to seek professional attention for her problems. That you do care about her and that is why you make this suggestion. Professionals are better equipped to manage these kinds of situations because they are trained to do it. You are not. Don’t allow her to manipulate you or make you feel guilty for what you are or are not doing for her. Ultimately her own good care is something she is responsible for. She should be able to see for herself that she needs professional help and get it fir herself so she does not overburden everyone else. xo, j

JessisMe

JessisMe

friend knows i got stuff going on and she has said i can talk to her, but i know from experience that when i talk to her about anything going on with me she then bulldozes the conversation to discuss boyfriend problems and stuff so tbh i cant really tell her anything when she's triggered herself :(
She’s not a good friend for you then.

Z

Zoe1

no Midnights
you are willing to seek help
from a variety of people and sources

JessisMe

JessisMe

do i do the same thing she does? idk :(
I don’t see you singling out people, dumping all of your problems on them and then making them feel guilty if/when they say that they can’t help you, thus drawing you back in again to an endless cycle that never ends.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

do i do the same thing she does? idk :(
Not at all. We all need friendship, advice, a shoulder to cry on at times.. every one of us. There is a big difference between pulling someone down and asking someone to pick you up. :hug:

Z

Zoe1

no, Midnight only helps people never causes damages

:hug5:

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Midnight you make so many people smile.. you are beautiful and amazing and a wonderful person. Asking advise is not a bad thing.. nor is needing reassurance or wanting a hug. Forcing people to listen by using threats of self harm is not at all the same. It's not even remotely simular.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

His paintings always make me happy and smile.. and this one I thought might make you smile Midnight.

1620073820162.png

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Friend flooded me with emails earlier about the same thing over and over, I told her I at work and it be tonight before I can reply to the rest of her messages

Did I do wrong? She probably exploded again over me saying that .....