Suicide seems to be only option

D

dragonboy46

I'm going to keep this as short as possible because, well I don't even know why I'm posting here. I have been suffering from depression, anxiety and OCD for a long time now and taking Escitalopram for over 5 years (which is not working anymore). I tried to stop taking it and got terribly sick and now I'm back on it but it doesn't seem to work so well.

My emotional life is dulled, I have transformed in a zombie. I have lost my cognitive abilities, I can't concentrate, I can't think clearly, I can't do problem-solving, I can't make decisions, my memory is fucked up and I think suicide is the LAST option I have. I'm sick of going to the doctors office over and over and being prescribed the same pill.
I have tried therapy and it does not work. I have literally done everything I could think of and nothing seems to help.. Nothing works and there is NO hope.

I live in a third-world country (Don't want to name it) and there is not much I can do about my mental health in this fucking country. The psychiatrist can only write prescriptions and the psychologist can only talk, talk and talk.

I have been following Dr. Peter Breggin (Breggin.com) and following his stuff. I have learned a lot from him about Psychiatric drugs and how they disable the brain. This guy literally exposes Psychiatry and what it's really all about (Making money and Drugging people). Every word that comes out from him affects me Deeply and I just cry a lot when I see the truth...

I feel like I need to travel to the USA and find a better place to treat my mental health problems. Is it even possible to do that? Is it possible to travel to USA for treating mental health problems?? The reason I'm asking is because I don't think there is much help available in my country when it comes to treating mental health problems (Other than drugging people).

I don't want to live my life on drugs. I wish I was treated by Dr. Peter Breggin and not the quark I have.

I don't know what's wrong with me.. I feel as if Suicide is the LAST option I have. I have tried everything I could and now I don't have the strength to do more.

I'm sick and tired of everything that's going on in my life. My brain is not working right.

IS there any hope?

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The 'West' is really little different in it's treatment of mental health - it's worse in many regards truth be told.

D

dragonboy46

The 'West' is really little different in it's treatment of mental health - it's worse in many regards truth be told.
I know. I'm interested in this specific psychiatrist (Dr. Peter Breggin). I feel like he is the ONLY person on earth who can help me.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know. I'm interested in this specific psychiatrist (Dr. Peter Breggin). I feel like he is the ONLY person on earth who can help me.
Have you read his books? He's Not infallible. There's a lot that i don't agree with him on.

i can list loads of such people - The problem is they're Not generally accessible, & in reality a lot of them aren't appropriate anyway.

imo people are in need of appropriate & comprehensive / sustained help / support / care - it's just Not really available for anyone. You could probably access any number of people like Breggin & of higher caliber via Skype - But in my experience there isn't a lot of point to it.

You sound like you have had access to more psychological / therapeutic help than i have.

As a suggestion it may be wise to try & seek out what is available locally.

D

dragonboy46

Have you read his books? He's Not infallible. There's a lot that i don't agree with him on.

i can list loads of such people - The problem is they're Not generally accessible, & in reality a lot of them aren't appropriate anyway.

imo people are in need of appropriate & comprehensive / sustained help / support / care - it's just Not really available for anyone. You could probably access any number of people like Breggin & of higher caliber via Skype - But in my experience there isn't a lot of point to it.

You sound like you have had access to more psychological / therapeutic help than i have.

As a suggestion it may be wise to try & seek out what is available locally.
What is it that you don't agree? I watched his Simple Truths About Psychiatry series on Youtube and so far, I agree with everything he said.

And yeah, I know it's almost impossible to access him. But I would love if can get lucky with skype.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What is it that you don't agree? I watched his Simple Truths About Psychiatry series on Youtube and so far, I agree with everything he said.

And yeah, I know it's almost impossible to access him. But I would love if can get lucky with skype.
i find him too anti-psychiatry / anti-medication. Although i am greatly in favor of more comprehensive alternative approaches, i do feel sometimes the efficacy of such approaches can in ways be over-hyped - it seems to be a very complex & controversial picture with it all. It's also all very well for people to go on about all these alternatives, But it does come down to the practicalities of to what degree people can access & are provided freely with such comprehensive alternatives.

Try him. i spoke with his wife at one stage.

i think that the area of mental health is highly complex. i am Not as critical of psychiatry / medication as i was.

Even within a more ideal system i would still see a place for a judicious use of front end services & potential wise use of medication in cases.

Where comprehensive alternatives have been / are used, a percentage of people are still in need of more continuing treatment / care & best helped with medication, as a part of best helping them.

Yes i think that everything could be a lot better in all this area, with an emphasis on far better treatment / care, & a shift away from the biomedical / pharmacological, to far better psychological & social support - But i don't think that means that there isn't a place for a more comprehensive psychiatry & wise potential use / validity of psychopharmacology in cases, as well.

Last edited:
D

dragonboy46

Yahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I made it. Can anyone bring Dr. Peter Breggin here. I'm sure he can still type. I cracked it.

Every Disease has a cure those discovered and those which are not discovered.

FairyTales actually exists in Islam (My religion)

I live in Pakistan.

D

dragonboy46

How are you feeling now, OP? :hug:
I'm feeling great. Psychiatry actually helped me out. I had almost lost my sanity when I met my local psychiatrist.

Psychiatry is like solving puzzles. I still have a burning desire to meet Dr. Peter Breggin and find out if he's real lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JCPraha

It's great you are feeling so much better!

D

dragonboy46

I'm depressed over Dr Peter Breggin. I spent so much of my life trying to find him and he can't give me a single day. GOD is angry with me. My country needs more doctors like him I don't care how expensive he is :(