• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Suicide is not a selfish, easy way out act!

M

MariahGirl

I have been doing lots of reading about suicide and ways to commit the act. I’ve thought about suicide on and off since I was a teenager (now 36). The major reason why I haven’t taken my life (yet) is because of the fear of pain and suffering before the actual death. I get that it’s sad to lose a loved one but it’s sad for people to have to keep living in absolute hell in their own minds. People always say “I had no idea” “they should of reached out for help” well it’s not always that easy. Sometime there is no help and sometimes people don’t have others around then that care.
I want to die so bad today. I wish so bad I could go to sleep and never wake up. I wish that was an option.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Our problems can sometimes come down to our perception of things. Thinking negative thoughts often takes us down tangent negative thought processes, and it can become a downward spiral. Trying to condition ourselves to do something which is against Human Nature isn't healthy, some might even call it Soul Destroying and in my opinion can kill off some emotions... Fear often keeps us alive, it's a good thing :) If you are having suicidal thoughts and idealisations it's time to pick up the phone... it's also good to get things off our chests, so please keep posting and stay safe. Love, Peace and Respect to you :)

Talina

Talina

Staff Member on Leave
Hi Mariahgirl, I’m sorry you are struggling so much but it would be good reaching out for professional help and talk about you struggles. You could also get a bit of information and numbers from Getting help and information from Suicidal crises.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

P

Panos

hey Canada girl,
i totally agree with you,about the courage.Only,i believe that complete desperation is the key.If it isnt at 100%,then the survival instinct will prevail.
I tried to end it all last summer,3 times within a week.Depression was completely devastating,a true monster.Still,i was not able to finish any of the attempts.Unfortunately,because i am still suffering today.I was not as couragious,plus,like you,the process of dying scares me alot.
Medication is currently keeping me alive.Without it,i cannot imaging the size of the monster of my clinical depression.
I just wanted to share my thoughts and my suffering ,your words touched me.