• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Suicidal

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I am posting you links that might be of help to you please read through them and get help soon.

Please tell a friend, a family member or someone from an organisation like the Samaritans about the issues you are experiencing. If you are in the UK or ROI the Samaritans can be called for free on 116 123. If you are in the USA the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be contacted on 1-800-273-8255
or suicidepreventionlifeline.org In the USA and Canada 211 is a number you can use to access information about social services.

In other countries you can find similar services by looking at the Befrienders Worldwide Website at Befrienders Worldwide | Emotional support to prevent suicide worldwide

Our web page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

K

karl7

suicidal - not excessive, but enough for going on with
Ive been there floater.... you just gotto take it as easy as you can....and remember that these phases do pass, the depression will lift and you will get better.....when im depressed i usually just flake out in front of the tv.....

floater, you will get better.....we on the site are looking out for you.....poat whenever you need support or else you can just PM me

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

You don't really want to do it, you just want the misery in your life to end. And in time it will, it always does.

I've been where you are and I came out of it every time. Think of what might have happened had I given in? All the good events between then and now wouldn't have happened, and there have been those events. Suicide is a permanent resolution to a temporary unhappy condition, it's always a mistake.

Seek help if it's that dire, contact the sites calypso posted. Contact a friend, you can have yourself hospitalized if it's needed. You have sources of help you can pursue.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m so sorry that you are feeling this way.
Many of us have been there. xo, j

floater

floater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know it'll pass...moods but for years I had a mis-diagnosis of Schizophrenia with the wrong drugs and the focus on my thinking rather than my emotions - so without any talk down therapy from that misunderstanding - a family who thinks everything mental is simply mental in a very old century prejudice sense...I'm having to navigate these rickety mind-steps myself - at least it passes time in lockdown I suppose? and I know I'm not the only one suffering, which is both a boon and a worry

floater

floater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
On a side note I'm sure if someone had been given a mis-diagnosis for decades of cancer over diabetes etc with the inappropriate treatments, effects on self-worth and hence life chances etc there'd be lawyers involved and some compensation. The family was split up and part of the family courts leverage was to say he has schizophrenia....would the case have gone through with bi-polar - perhaps albeit it would have been a harder call for the family courts to make...with less stigma being attached to bi-polar. Ruined my life with a word and then say it doesn't even apply.

T

treasurebox

Despite all the hurts, frustrstions, failures, and problems, life is still beautiful because we were created to be happy and live a good life.

Start writing your thoughts and feelings on paper or journal.

Know that there will be better days for you. What you are feeling is not permanent. It will pass.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music is therapeutic and it helps.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Despite all the hurts, frustrstions, failures, and problems, life is still beautiful because we were created to be happy and live a good life.

Start writing your thoughts and feelings on paper or journal.

Know that there will be better days for you. What you are feeling is not permanent. It will pass.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music is therapeutic and it helps.
Life is worth living, we agree on that. But, I'm not sure it was meant to be 'happy'. Of course, we want to experience some joy in our lives, but there will be a fair share of disappointment, unhappiness and sadness. The joyful moments are like nuggets of gold, rare and much valued.