• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Suicidal

• Thread starter iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3
  • Start date
I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Please don't think or feel this way. Someone once said..."Suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem." Please love yourself. Please live. Please know there are people who care about you. I've been there. Lot's of us have. We empathize.
:loveshower: :grouphug::cheekkiss:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are you feeling suicidal now? Or writing to those who are?

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

Part of me reads this, and genuinely wants to believe it.

Another part of me rationalizes how everything in that sentence is wrong or just flowery language, and that in the end none of it matters. Even now, I can hear it rattling around in my head about how it's a permanent solution to what really are permanent problems. It's more complicated for me, I suppose, but that's how i feel when i read this kind of thing.

I don't really want to think that way though. Hopefully, your kind words will reach someone in a meaningful way, and I'd commend you on your positive way of seeing things.

Sorry I was being negative.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Are you feeling suicidal now? Or writing to those who are?
Both. But my fear of the afterlife keeps me alive. I am in no hurry to get to Hell.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Part of me reads this, and genuinely wants to believe it.

Another part of me rationalizes how everything in that sentence is wrong or just flowery language, and that in the end none of it matters. Even now, I can hear it rattling around in my head about how it's a permanent solution to what really are permanent problems. It's more complicated for me, I suppose, but that's how i feel when i read this kind of thing.

I don't really want to think that way though. Hopefully, your kind words will reach someone in a meaningful way, and I'd commend you on your positive way of seeing things.

Sorry I was being negative.
No need to apologise hun. I hope you feel better soon. :hug::hug:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Both. But my fear of the afterlife keeps me alive. I am in no hurry to get to Hell.
Same here. If i could be certain there was no afterlife, i would not be here. There is though the problem of, as you get older, more people start to rely on you emotionally. That is a real pain in the backside. You start to feel guilt at those who would be left behind, and how they would cope if you died.

All the older generation are going off to heaven? hopefully, and so those who are left really cannot deliberately kill themselves, because everyone else would feel even worse and alone than they already do.

With every family member who dies, the arguments over inheritance become more and more ridiculous. Who does and does not make the effort for the funeral, who did or did not bother with them when they were alive, more arguments.

Can you imagine how everyone would feel if we were to kill ourselves? it was your fault, no it was her fault, she did this, he said that. I'd rather stick around to save everyone the stress.

Hopefully the world will end soon or a meteor will sink Europe. :)

I'm in a great mood this evening ;)

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Well in my honest opinion it is also selfish for people to expect us to live just for them. This is a very sensitive topic. Plus I need to be real here. Some people don't have even one person in their life who cares about them. I take this thread back when I think realistically??? Maybe?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I though after of those with nobody. Much worse.

jajingna

jajingna

some people don't have anybody
This reminded me of a doc that was interesting, though I barely remember it now. What happens when there is no next of kin?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I cannot click on that. I am worried that they use the body for science?

I probably won't have a next of kin.

megirl

megirl

I know in my nursing experience etc people who within even 10 minutes can see a reason to live
It's scary all it may take for someone to change their mind is a phone call, someone calling in. Just reaching out. Though it should be others reaching out for us in desperation

jajingna

jajingna

I've heard that suicide attempts are often done impulsively, a spur of the moment act, with not much forethought or planning. Seems to me one needs to be deeply unhappy for a long time before the attempt, but that may not be true for all.