• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Suicidal thoughts

Lissylou

Lissylou

Once again I am back to square one in the abyss of depression. Its been 20yrs and I have tried so many therapies and medications, only to keep taking 6 steps forward and then 7 steps back. I feel so sorry for my 13 year old daughter, she deserves so much more than a mother like me! she has picked up learnt behaviours from me and I can see her suffering and dwindling in front of my eyes. I can't help myself, how can I help her?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi Lissylou,
I'm sorry to see that you're feeling so bad at the moment.

Do you feel 'safe'? Are the suicidal thoughts simply thoughts at the moment, or is it likely you are going to act on them?

I'm sure your daughter loves you dearly and needs her Mum more than ever.
Also, not to undermine what she may be going through, but 13 is a very difficult age!
Can you remember being 13? I know for me it was torturous - hormones, self-consciousness, not being a child but not being an adult either and the confusion that came with that.
While it's good to keep an eye on her, there is a chance that what she's going through is the typical angst that comes with being her age.

Whilst I appreciate it's really frustrating to go back and be sinking lower, please try to hold on to the fact there have been times you've felt better and moved forward.
You can do it again, you've just got to look after yourself through these harder times.

C

Christobel

Sorry your feeling so low Lissylou. It is so depressing when nothing seems to work. Has your Dr given you a diagnosis of your illness? Of course you do not have to say if you don't want to, but it is sometimes useful to get a handle on how to help. When it comes to mental illness, we have a motley assortment here!