Suicidal thoughts increasing in the last few weeks

N

Night Knight

Hi, I'll try to keep it terse.

I'm 28, have lifelong anxiety and depression and have been working hard to get my life on track since 19 with little tangible progress.

I've been in therapy for more than a year with a psychologist and have tried all the antidepressants (and then some) that the NHS offers.

There's been such little progress that I'm really thinking that it's not worth the effort and pain. To give you an idea, I hit the gym once yesterday and went to therapy. This effort has completely burned me out to the point where I mostly am just bingeing on food right now. This is how I've largely been for the last 9 years and isn't atypical.

With such a crappy rate of progress, I am seriously thinking of killing myself with professional assistance in Europe.

Since this would be a fairly major decision, I felt the need to share and hear feedback. Thanks.

antimatterTek

antimatterTek

Meds take a long time to work and you need to find just the right cocktail of them. It took me 20 years to get on a regiment that would work for me.

Instead of hitting the gym, maybe take a walk or do some pushups - you will gradually increase your energy.

Dying is not the solution.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
no-you must not let yourself die-you are too precious to this world
i know i don't know you but there is always hope while there is life

you have just found us and we will support you as best we can
please stick around
i hope you like it here
love Lu x

N

Night Knight

Meds take a long time to work and you need to find just the right cocktail of them. It took me 20 years to get on a regiment that would work for me.

Instead of hitting the gym, maybe take a walk or do some pushups - you will gradually increase your energy.

Dying is not the solution.
Are you content now? Will all the pain be worth it one day?

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Are you content now? Will all the pain be worth it one day?
Im the same. It has took me about 6 years to find the right cocktail of drugs and therapy to help me become stable again. It isn't easy and it takes a lot of hard work which you have to push yourself to do but it does get better. I can put my hand on my heart and promise you that.
I would never believe that I could get better but I am now stable and managing my moods. It was only last year I started having suicidal thoughts again and I came to the forum and got support from others here. That's what got me through. Thoughts are only temporary. I know they are painful but they will pass.
Hugs
Fox

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Please find the right medications and give therapy more time to work. Please don't kill yourself. You need to find something to live for. :hug::hug:

S

SuZQ154

Please hang in there! After many years of being depressed, through counseling, prayer, and people encouraging me to "hang in there", my depression improved! Please know you can do this. What do you think might help which you have not yet tried? Please try it. Praying for you today!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Self Harm Forum 3
N Self Harm Forum 6
vanish Self Harm Forum 2
JohnDoe-mk42 Self Harm Forum 2